🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christy L

We recently transitioned our lab from a homemade stew like recipe that included boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken livers, green beans, peas, carrots and apples and to dry kibble. The kibble brand is Pinnacle grain free turkey & potato. Since the transition our dog is peeing four times as often, and the volume and frequency of his stool has also increased four times. Thoughts on why? He’s urinated inside the house recently, and he’s NEVER done that. #helpmeunderstand #concernedlabowner

#90535 Report Abuse
    anonymous

No one can diagnose your dog or prescribe treatment over the internet, nor should they try.
    If it was my dog I would attempt to collect a urine sample (empty clean prescription pill bottle will do) and head to the vet (asap) to see what is going on. Get a feces sample too.
    If you have been feeding raw, anything is possible.
    http://skeptvet.com/Blog/?s=homemade
    http://skeptvet.com/Blog/category/nutrition/

#90547 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Christy, your dog was eating a very healthy diet then you put him on a processed kibble that’s higher in fiber & higher in carbs, what I do is I feed 1 meal cooked (Dinner) & then feed my boy, Taste Of The Wild Sierra Mountain Roasted lamb (Breakfast) & Patch does 2 firm poos a day, 1st poo 7.30am, 2nd poo 5pm…the fiber in TOTW is 4%max & the carbs are only 40% in the TOTW Sierra Mountain, I also don’t feed any grain free kibbles that have Lentils, Chick Peas (Garbanzo Beans) & legumes, as they are very high in fiber…. high fiber diets can make a dog poo more… Change his kibble try another kibble & try & feed 1 cooked meal again, I cook & freeze the meals enough for 2 weeks..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.