Jerky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stevebcny

I’m interested in hearing opinions on the shelve life of jerky and other dried treats.
    Should they be refrigerated after opening if they are just dried with no salt/preservatives?
    How long are they safe in an unopened package?
    Thanks

#35506 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I just leave them in the freezer and take them out as I want them. I live in the south and they would definitely go bad down here. I have my own dehydrator and make my own jerky treats out of all different kinds of meat.

#35607 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Lucky I’m not a dog too, because I make some for myself just the way I like it, with steak sauce.

#36042 Report Abuse
    thegoodlife

Ok, as for dried treats, you should keep them in a ziplock or air tight bag. They last for around 4 years before they are opened (most don’t put a best before date), and usually stay good for a while depending on storage condition and ingredients (pure veggies pieces tend to last longer than meat products). I recommend keeping them in a dry place, or if you feel safer freezing always preserves well! But overall, as long as they are air tight and stored properly they are a long lasting treat!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.