Jazz

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sheila F

My sweet collie, Jazz, passed away on October 13th, 2014. She was almost 13 years old but I only rescued her 3 short years ago. I wish I could have given her more good years after the abuse she suffered for so long. I love you Jazz and will miss you forever.

#54952 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

So sorry for your loss. We never have them long enough. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time. And know that when the time is right, the next rescue will be there waiting for you to save it.

#54970 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Sheila, those 3 years were probably the best years of Jazzes life, even thought it was just 3 short years, she probably was sooooo happy to have meet you, you brought joy & kindness into the rest of her life…. Whenever you see a white feather on ur walks or in ur yard, it will be a sign from sweet Jazz telling you, everything is ok..Also you’ll get another sign when there’s another rescue dog like Jazz, waiting for ur help again…

#54980 Report Abuse

I am sorry for your loss Sheila. No matter how long they are with us, its never long enough. Know that those were the best years of her life.

#54984 Report Abuse
    Sheila F

Thank you everyone. You truly made me feel a bit better.

#54986 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dear Jazz, Sheila.

If she waited for the first 10 years of her life for her love to be returned, I’m sure that the love and compassion she knew during her life with you erased her painful memories.

Know you made her life complete and fulfilled.

#55528 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for rescuing a senior. You truly made her last 3 years amazing.

#55531 Report Abuse
    Sheila F

Thank you all again. The seniors are awesome. I have Nelly, a 13 1/2 year old collie/golden, a Min Pin, Swayze an 11 year old permanent foster and a 16 year old cat. Added to the mix is a 4 year old puppy mill survivor I’ve only had for 2 months. All are cherished fur children.
    Jazz’s ashes came home today. We are all feeling very sad.
    Sheila

#55532 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

There is a Facebook community called Susie’s Senior Dogs that is dedicated to publicizing dogs in need of rescue and sharing success stories: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/27877394/

#55539 Report Abuse
    Dori

I’m so very sorry for your loss Sheila. I know how difficult today has been for you and your family. Just remember that you made her finals years wonderful. You gave her love, kindness, compassion, playmates both human and furry. You gave her a family. God Bless you and be kind to yourself always but especially at times like these.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.