šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Debra B

I’m surprised to see how many dog foods are recommended that have rice. Rice has been shown over the past several years to contain arsenic. My granddaughter who has a milk allergy and was drinking rice milk had to be taken off of it. I’m very confused by these reviews showing the dog foods as being outstanding when rice is a prominent ingredient.

#49795 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

What food that has rice is rated outstanding? Foods that are three stars can be recommended…over a one or two star food, a three star IS recommended over a four or five star highly or enthusiastically recommended food.

#50329 Report Abuse
    Debra B

Just to name a few on the August Editor’s Choice List: Summit Original Large Breed Dry Food receives 4 stars and has rice as the THIRD ingredient. Also, Dr. Tim’s Pursuit with a 5 star rating has rice as well as Castor & Pollux Natural Ultramix Adult with a 4 star rating.

#50445 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You’re right, Debra. I’ve fed Pursuit but the dog who ate it has no issues with rice. I myself have no problem with rice. Maybe Dr Mike will answer your question.

#50897 Report Abuse
    Linda M

I wonder the same thing!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.