šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Blkdoodle

I was feeding Hill’s Natural Balance canned, mixed with Hill’s Natural Balance kibble, then noticed at my next purchase the can label was changed, so started reading the label and in fine print is says, Made in the USA of imported products. WHAT?
    I have since changed the canned food and trying to find something with high protein and less carbs. Right now I am using Simply Nourish Essentials, Beef & Vegetable recipe for our Goldendoodle. She likes it but I find it is higher calories than the Hill’s. She needs to lose about 5 lbs the vet said. Any recommendations would help but please let it be products from this country.

#87177 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Are you sure about the name of the food? Hill’s makes “Ideal Balance” while “Natural Balance” is another brand by Dick Van Patton.

#87178 Report Abuse
    Blkdoodle

Oh, yes I do mean Ideal Balance. Just came from PetSmart looking at different foods and Natural Balance was stuck in my mind. Ideal Balance is what I was referring to.

#87180 Report Abuse
    Denise R

We have a Goldendoodle too! But back to your post…we also have a Brittany that is highly allergic to peanuts,potatoes & soybeans. And now she seems unable to tolerate the peas in in the formulas of so many dog foods now. I read somewhere that these peas are often imported from China where harmful pesticides are being used on them. So I too would try if you can to steer clear of these dog foods. For 15 years we have had to watch our dog with allergies’ diet. And if I read the contents of a bag or can 100 times I had to read them 101 times because if I didn’t I’d miss a change in ingredients & my poor dog was in agony. And the dog food providers NEVER EVER state that they have a new formula. Sadly our dog did not always have the best of dog foods, only the ones without the bad ingredients.

#87186 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Callie-

This is taken right from the Hill’s Pet Nutrition website about the Hill’s Ideal Balance Canned Dog food:

Made in the USA with Natural ingredients from North America and Europe. These ingredients must meet our strict requirements for purity and nutrient content, which exceed industry standards. 100% Balanced Nutrition. Guaranteed. Or your money back.

Just about every, if not all companies, source ingredients from Europe. That is not a bad thing at all. If you are concerned about which countries in Europe they are sourcing from, I would email or call them and ask them directly.

#87189 Report Abuse
    Blkdoodle

pitluv, I wish we could attach a picture. I don’t care what their web site says, It’s what I read and have the label of the can. It says and I quote “Made in USA with imported ingredients.” What are those ingredients and are they up to our standards. If it’s meat meal, is the “meat” all beef or is there some other animal parts? Personally I wouldn’t eat anything coming out of China if I know it. Some say the vitamins in the dog food are imported from China. REALLY?

#87194 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

As I said Callie, if you are concerned about what is in the food or where it is coming from, email them directly and ask questions. No company will put something in writing they can not back up later. Especially not a huge company like Hill’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.