šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ab1028

I have a picky miniature poodle puppy (9 months) who I am currently feeding Acana Regionals. However, I also want to incorporate some raw food into his diet. 99% of the time with raw food he just sniffs it and walks away. Is there some way to make it more appealing to him?

#39302 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Cook it, put it in boiling water for a bit or warm the raw food in the microwave maybe its too cold…

#39305 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Try mixing in some green tripe. Raw if you can get it (Hare Today and My Pet Carnivore sell raw) or a canned product like Tripett. Very few dogs will turn their noses up to green tripe.

#39311 Report Abuse
    ab1028

Thanks for the advice!

I’ve tried giving the raw to him at different temperatures, but it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. Is cooking it ok if there is bone in it?

I have considered mixing in Triplett (he has it once in a while mixed with his kibble), but I don’t want him to always expect Triplett and the raw mixed together.

I feed him orijen freeze dried medallions for supper a few times a week. Does this have the same benefits as raw?

• This reply was modified 10 years ago by ab1028.
    #42202 Report Abuse
    Cesar M

Thank you for advice. I used this trick on my dog also.

Thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.