🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Christine W

I have used Frontline Plus a long time,with no problems at all,it worked so well,i never thought about it.The vet offered me K9 once,and i had both dogs with ticks! switched back to Frontline,no more ticks.My point is SO many people have bad stories to tell,but i haven’t seen any good ones.My one dog has shot reactions,and allergies,i’m shocked it never bothered her.But tick season is almost here,i see now they have a gold series out as well. Thanks in advance for any imput! 🙂

#97077 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Christine-

I think I’ve used all of the flea & tick meds that people complain about and say have killed their pet with literally no issue. You have to take a lot of the complaints on the internet with a grain of salt. I used Frontline Plus once for my cat…no issues. I know plenty of others who have used Fipronil based products for a long time with no issue.

As long as you aren’t having issues with it and it continues to work, then I think you’re safe. If you are looking to switch, I’d suggest asking your vet for a recommendation for a different product. I personally use Bravecto for both my dogs and have had great success with it. It is a 3 month oral product.

#97079 Report Abuse
    Christine W

Thank you SO much!!! 🙂 It was so odd last year,i forgot to look at the date on the calendar for the Frontline,my one dog came in & had a tick crawling on her,which i got,sure enough,it was 3 days past the 30 days to apply,i’d hate to think it will harm my dogs,because i know it works so well.

#97081 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Trust me, I live in the south. I can’t get away with not using a flea prevention or the “all natural” flea preventions. They do nothing down here. So I definitely rely heavily on the safety and efficacy of regular flea meds.

I would highly recommend Bravecto if you don’t want to have to think about giving them a topical monthly. It’s much more convenient IMO.

#97114 Report Abuse
    Barb R
    Participant

Think i would stay clear of the Bravecto poison. There is a very large facebook group with lots of owners having issues.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/411371212394679/

#97115 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

That facebook group is a prime example of what I was talking about…taking things on the internet with a grain of salt.

My dogs are doing excellent with Bravecto and I have every intention of continuing to use it.

#97116 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I lost a dog to Lyme disease, kidney damage had occurred by the time it was correctly diagnosed (the symptoms were subtle and the first vet or two assumed they were age related).
    Two years of hell trying to keep that poor dog comfortable.
    The best solution is to find a vet that you trust, ask questions and evaluate your options, negotiate.
    The natural stuff doesn’t work, it’s all a scam.

#97130 Report Abuse
    Christine W

I’m probably going to stick with the Frontline Plus,i just can’t stand the horror stories.I lost a pug last year,so anything right now has me a wreck! My one dog came up for Lyme last Fall,she was treated with antibiotics,and i know she got bit when i forgot the calendar sticker.They did test her urine,and it wasn’t there.She has to go back now to retest.But is doing fine.

#97131 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I have had 3 dogs that tested positive for Lyme. All had the antibiotic protocol. Two of the dogs never had any symptoms.of Lyme disease.

#97477 Report Abuse
    Kari P

I live in the northeast, where lyme disease is a very real threat. We use Frontline Plus on our 63 lb boxer/rottie mix and the rescue I volunteer for (and that we adopted our dog from) uses Frontline Plus on all of their dogs. I have not heard of anyone having issues. We also have our dog vaccinated for Lyme, as recommended by our vet.

I order my Frontline from Amazon because it is so much cheaper than I can get anywhere else, but I have been careful to check all of the packaging and product codes to make sure they are genuine because I have heard of fake products being delivered through online channels. So far, we have not had any issues, and our dog has remained flea and tick free.

#97479 Report Abuse
    Christine W

Thank you Kari 🙂 yes i’ve used it over 10 years,and it always worked,i am too in the Northeast,and it’s horrible! I get it from Ebay or Amazon as well.There was a guy on Ebay literally telling you how to order online without getting the fake ones.Thank you SO much for your input! i appreciate it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics