šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roberta A

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a gravy or sauce. I have a 16 year old Yorkie who has become very picky. She is on a raw diet, has been since she was 5. Anything that is dry and crumbled she will pick it out of her food and leave the food so must be a something that coats her food. My criteria is: It must be human grade, must be made in USA, and not full of chemicals, dies or the unexplainable bad stuff companies use in pet food.
    I have been making my own broth but it is quite labor intensive for only 2 tablespoons over her food when in 2 or 3 days she’s over it and I’m forced to find something different. Currently I’m using human gravy from a jar it comes in several favors but the sodium isn’t great but she eats. She will go days without eating and that makes me more nervous than the sodium.
    She is on Standard Process renal support 1/8 tsp Am and Pm in her food and she absolutely hates it this is what has caused her to become picky, but she has to have it her kidneys are showing signs of kidney disease Standard Process is making a difference. Can you suggest something?

#92944 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I boil a chicken about once a month for 4 hours, debone the chicken meat, discard a lot of it due to the tiny hidden bones, defat the broth, freeze in small containers, chicken meat too.

Yep, labor intensive, but cost effective, and I know exactly what’s in it. You could try the box chicken broth in the health food section of your supermarket, the no msg kind, probably good for a week in the fridg..

I wouldn’t feed human gravy from a jar to any living thing.

#92945 Report Abuse
    anonymous

“She will go days without eating and that makes me more nervous than the sodium”.

She may be trying to tell you something? Ask her veterinarian what he recommends. Often, animals don’t eat because they don’t feel well, are nauseas and/or in pain.

#93067 Report Abuse
    Roberta A

Hi Anon
    She is seeing the vet regularly, the whole no eat thing started with the Standard Process Renal support. If I don’t add it to her food she eats great, no issues nothing added in her food at all. The minute I add the SP she just turns her nose up and I have to mask it with something she just can’t resist.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.