Grandma Lucy's Premix Ingredients

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Food Ingredients Grandma Lucy's Premix Ingredients

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anna B

Hi all,

I recently emailed Grandma Lucy’s to get some more information about the vitamin and minerals in the Pureformance premix. The ingredients listed in this forumula are: USDA Chickpeas, Flax, Carrots, Celery, Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Papaya, Spinach, Garlic, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Niacin, Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Potassium, Manganese, Chloride, Copper, Magnesium,Pyridoxine, Cyanocobalamin.”

This was the first response I received: “Hello, Thank you for reaching out. Our vitamin and mineral supplements are supplied from a human-grade facility where we receive the chemical name and the type of source such as animal and vegetable. They are added to the food as vitamin packs.”

I asked for more specific information and their response was “I cannot disclose proprietary information. Is there something specific you need to know about a vitamin or mineral included?”

Do you think this is a pretty standard reply or kind of sketchy? I was hoping for more information about the source of each vitamin/mineral since the ones listed are incredibly vague ex. copper sulfate vs. copper proteinate. What do you think?

#98420 Report Abuse
    aimee
    Participant

Hi Anna,

Check an actual bag of pre mix. AAFCO requires the source be listed. Some time ago I contacted my state feed control official about this issue along with others. A stop sale order was issued and new labels were made. Maybe they just never updated the website.

If the label isn’t listing the source contact your feed official.

Some things are proprietary, but I also think companies hide behind “proprietary” when they haven’t a clue as to what is in their food. I think GL falls into this later category.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.