šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Illyas H

Don’t even “Natural” “Grain Free” dog foods contain GMO? I use Blue Buffalo Wilderness (which has a five star rating on this site) but even this food may not be truly healthy. For example, in the ingredients it has Turkey meal, chicken meal, and potatoes -all of which could be gmo. Can someone clarify this for me or am i correct in assuming so? I see no seal such as “USDA” which mean us as consumers simply just has to take the companies “Natural” or synonymous marketing terms as truth?

#52260 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

“Natural” has no real legal definition. The only way I know to avoid GMO ingredients is to buy “certified organic” products.

#52327 Report Abuse
    Naturella

There are some companies (such as Victor on some of their grain-free formulas) that state specifically when they use non-GMO ingredients. Other than that, you can never be sure.

#52381 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, Wellness Simple is GMO free, I dont know if the rest of Wellness kibbles are GMO free, I’d say that they are…

#52681 Report Abuse
    Sallynova
    Participant

Hi – Dogs For The Earth 100% Organic Dehydrated Dog Food is GMO Free. It’s made by an animal nutritionist and even the packaging is made from recycled material – it’s an earth friendly company. This is what they say on their about me page: We are an eco-friendly, pet friendly, planet friendly, Organic Dehydrated and Fresh Frozen, All Natural, No Grain, No Corn, No Soy, No Junk, all good stuff inside Dog Food makers. Wow!! Thatā€™s a lot of goodness. Did I mention we use 100% Organic ingredients only! If we canā€™t get Organic, then we substitute something that is Organic without compromising the nutritional value. We would NEVER give anything to your dog that we wouldnā€™t give to our own. This is their website. http://www.dogsfortheearth.com/Home_Page.php

#55716 Report Abuse
    Mardi O

Wellness Simple is Not GMO free. I called the company.

#55730 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

HI Mardi, its says it on the front & back of their bag of kibble, well the Wellness Simple Lamb & Oatmeal does, I dont know how to up load a photo but its right here in front of me. ….Contains NO GMOs MEAT BY-PRODUCTS WHEAT GLUTEN CORN SOY DAIRY EGGS ARTIFICIAL PRESERVATIVES COLORS OR FLAVORS.. This is how its written on the front & back of the Wellness Simple Lamb & Oatmeal kibble…Maybe call & speak to someone else…

#55735 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Mardi o wellness simple is listed on this site as one of the go foods.

#55736 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Gmo free foods

#55783 Report Abuse
    Mardi O

Ok guys. I’m going to call back shortly. I did some research and found Newman’s Own dog food to be organic and GMO free. I was considering making my own, but my daughter is a Vet and advised against it. My dog is in renal failure (probably due to the crappy Science Diet I have been feeding her all these years), so I have to be extremely careful about the amount of protein she gets.
    Thanks,
    Mardi

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.