Genesis Raw by Maverick Pet Foods

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food Genesis Raw by Maverick Pet Foods

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I moved a few months ago and the new pet store I go to carries a brand of commercial raw called “Genesis Raw” made by Maverick Pet Foods- http://www.yum4dogs.com/genesis-rawreg.html

I was wondering what the experienced raw feeders think of this food. I got a small 2lb brick for Max to try and he really liked it, but I didn’t want to buy more of it until I did a bit more research and got some feedback. Here is the ingredient list for the turkey:
    Ingredients: Fresh Turkey with Ground Bone, Fresh Turkey Hearts, Fresh Turkey Gizzards, Fresh Turkey Liver,Carrots, Spinach, Celery, Apples, Parsley, Garlic, Coriander, Thyme, Ground Ginger, Rosemary, Salmon Oil, Olive Oil. Apple Cider Vinegar, Flaxseed, Vitamin and Mineral Complex: http://www.yum4dogs.com/uploads/2/8/8/5/2885547/vitamin_and_mineral_assay-genesis_raw_06-19-11.pdf

My only reservation was the vitamin/mineral complex. They do state on their website that all of the vitamins and minerals they use are sourced domestically (US only), but it seems like overkill to me. Thoughts?

#39187 Report Abuse

Opinions? Patty? HDM? Please.

#39193 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I like it. From what I see, I would add this to my rotation if I could find it. Why are you concerned about the vitamin/mineral complex? Since all formulas use the same plant matter, I assume that the vitamin/mineral mix is to balance that.

#39195 Report Abuse

I’m not that savvy with evaluating vitamins and minerals. It looked like a lot to me. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t overkill and there wasn’t anything added that shouldn’t be. I’ve never heard of the company before but the owners of Woof Gang Bakery in Apopka (my new local pet store) rave about this food. It is somewhat local, made on the west coast in FL.

Thanks for the input, Patty. I really appreciate it!

#39204 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Hmmm, as the crow flies Woof Gang in Lake Mary isn’t too far from me, unfortunately the roads don’t go there. I’ll have to make an excuse to go the Apopka and check it out. I thing the list looked so long on the vit/min mix because they were listing every amino acid, etc.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by theBCnut.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.