🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    alsmomma
    Participant

I’ve been buying my beagle this brand of treats because they’re made in the USA and are 100% human grade treats. My beagle LOVES these treats! However, we’ve been noticing for several weeks now that she’s been vomiting a yellow foam (sometimes it’s white or brown foam). The ingredients of these treats (as listed on the package) are chicken and rosemary. I’m wondering if this is the cause of her vomiting, maybe an allergic reaction or something? Two or three times I didn’t give them to her and we don’t think she vomited but there’s almost no way to know for sure. Can anyone weigh in on this? If not the treats, what else could be causing the vomiting?

#20275 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I don’t think I’ve given any treats with rosemary but alot of kibbles are also preserved with rosemary. Have you considered reflux as a possibility? Another option for USA meat treats are PureBites and Fresh is Best (freshisbestinc.com) and Stella & Chewy’s Carnivore Kisses. I’m currently using Vital Essential freeze dried nibletts as treats although they are food and also use PureBites.

#20601 Report Abuse
    SandyandMila
    Participant

Yes, I’ve bought those treats at Walmart and the same yellow bile and stopped giving her them ASAP.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by SandyandMila.
    #21444 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Rosemary is used to prevent the fat in the treats from going south as quickly hence it’s use in MANY foods and kibbles. That said, supposedly large amounts of it act as a neurotoxin. Example link: http://www.thedogpress.com/DOGFOOD/Rosemary-Neurotoxin-10032_Liquorman.asp

Small amounts don’t seem to be a great issue but if you’re already feeding them a food with Rosemary it may be upping the dosage to the point of bothering their stomach. Rosemary is a very strong and piney herb after all. If your dog is suffering ill effects I would definitely discontinue use. I’d wager it’s likely the rosemary or the green tea extract (used in several of them) if you’re having issues.

Contrary to some of the sky is falling posts I’ve read, Full Moon Freeze Dried Treats are produced with chicken in the USA provided by Perdue (Perdue also publically confirms this if asked) and all the ingredients, as mentioned above, are sourced in the USA. I didn’t get mine from Wal-Mart but I’ve seen them there since I bought my prior bag. We’ve never had issue with ours but when we got her she was on garbage food (Purina) so I’d bet her constitution is a little stronger then some sheltered pups. 🙂

#21448 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

I’ve been forced to make my dog treats and I’m not comfortable giving my dog anything that I don’t know if she’s allergic to so now she’s getting turkey meat balls. Just go buy some ground turkey, roll a marble sized piece in the palm of her hand and throw them in a skillet and cook on a slow burner until they are all done. Drain them on paper and put in the freezer. Can’t get much better than that and she does ballet dances for them…HEEHEE!

#21923 Report Abuse
    mkirsche
    Participant

I have six dogs. I decided to try this because the bag says its human grade, made in the U.S. FOUR of my dogs are very sick, sh#tting all over the house. Extremely concerned, I checked bag for an 800 number to call and there is nothing on the bag!!! Unbelievable. Do not buy this. I have receipt and am returning it. I am going to call the FDA and report this. Two of my dogs are terminally ill and I’m not sure they’re going to survive. One is 17, diabetic and very frail and the other was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer but was doing very well till I fed him this treat!!! I am horrified this treat is a fraudulent toxic import from China. My God. My two sick dogs were doing great (I’ve spent thousands in vet bills) and this one treat may have cost them their lives!!! My god…even two young healthy chihuahuas are sick. Most alarming is that I only gave them one stick broken into six pieces. Very little.

#21934 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

mkirsche, hopefully these were just too rich for them which gave them the screaming shi*s! HA! I hope they all get better!

#21939 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Plain chicken shouldn’t be “too rich” You should report to the FDA, just in case, and have your vet fill out a report too, if he agrees that it was the treats that caused this.

#21943 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

But what if they are loaded with fat and skin?

#21957 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I have no idea how much “one stick” is or if this is essentially a jerky or a ground up chicken product, but one stick split between six dogs, even if it is all fat and skin, still sounds like too small an amount to cause all of that. Of course, she may have four schnauzers, all prone to pancreatitis, for all I know. Chihuahuas certainly are tiny.

#21959 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Gosh there must be some bad a$$ stuff in there to make all the dogs so sick off just a tiny piece of one treat! I didn’t catch that part about it just being a sixth of a piece. That’s crazy! Again, I sure hope they recover! I tell ya, every time I open a new bag of dog food, I worry there’s something wrong with it!

#21974 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It could be that they are high fat and the fat had gone rancid, who knows. Fat doesn’t freeze dry or dehydrate, since those things affect the water not the fat. I do wonder what kind of Guaranteed Analysis this stuff has.

#22015 Report Abuse
    alsmomma
    Participant

We need to find a way to contact the company if this is happening, especially to this extent, to other dogs. Regardless of whether or not they’re processed in China, if the product is toxic to dogs in some way it needs to be addressed and removed from the shelves. I stopped giving my beagle those treats and she’s a lot better. She hasn’t thrown up one time since then. I have found a couple of other brands of treats made in the USA and she loves them and hasn’t had any issues with them.

#23762 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

I’ve had the same problem with my dog eating these treats. I gave him one very tiny piece of freeze dried chicken (less than 1/2″) and within 12 hours he was vomiting bright yellow bile. I didn’t make the connection with ROSEMARY EXTRACT, though until later after I gave him a small bite of boiled organic ground turkey & he had the same reaction about 12 hours later (vomiting bright yellow bile). I dug the package out of the trash & it contained two ingredients (organic turkey & ROSEMARY EXTRACT). These treats also contain two ingredients (chicken & ROSEMARY EXTRACT). My dog doesn’t eat any other food that contains ROSEMARY EXTRACT with the exception of these two items. He used to be fed Nutro Puppy Food & was switched to their Toy Breed Adult Formula when he turned one year old and had no problems with it, either until they changed the formula and added ROSEMARY EXTRACT to it (This brand now has almost 1500 complaints for the same symptoms on consumer affairs). He immediately started vomiting and having diarrhea which became bloody. When he started having Grand Mal seizures & his liver enzymes became elevated we switched his food to an organic limited ingredient diet & his symptoms disappeared. We didn’t realize that the ROSEMARY EXTRACT was the problem until recently with the feeding of the Full Moon Freeze Dried Chicken Treats & the Organic Ground Turkey Meat (both of which had only two ingredients, one of which ROSEMARY EXTRACT). This ingredient is a neurotoxin/neurostimulant, a blood thinner, and also stimulated bile production (which might explain the vomiting & diarrhea). I have done some research on the Internet & there are hundreds of thousands of complaints about dog foods, cat foods & treats that contain ROSEMARY EXTRACT & all of the symptoms are the same (vomiting of bile, diarrhea [often bloody], seizures, itching, elevated liver enzymes, refusal to eat, & weight loss). I believe that this is one ‘natural’ additive that has no place in pet food or treats & probably hasn’t even been properly tested to see if it is even safe or not. Just because it is safe for the majority of healthy humans (not diabetic, pregnant, taking blood thinners/aspirin/NSAIDs, epileptic, etc.) doesn’t mean it is safe for dogs and cats.

#24656 Report Abuse
    Arguello1062
    Participant

I just bought the treat this Friday at Walmart, so far nothing has happened. The ones I bought are chicken strips and the ingredients are chicken, brown rice syrup, vinegar and green tea extract. In the back of the package in the pink bottom section their is a web site http://www.fullmoonpet.com and a 1-888-970-FULL number. I have a 10yr old Llasa Apso and he weights 18 pounds. I was giving him before blue buffalo treats and saw these ones that kind of look the same w/the same ingredients but cheaper. I will let you guys know if anything happens

#24661 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

Arquello1062 – The treats you bought don’t seem to be the ones pets are having trouble with since they don’t contain Rosemary in any of its forms (extract, oil, leaf, etc.). The one I have states the ingredients as chicken & rosemary extract (nothing else). They are Full Moon Freeze Dried Chicken Treats, not the Full Moon Chicken Strips. I did contact the AAFCO with all of my data, vet reports and much more regarding rosemary and dogs (including thousands of adverse reactions in dogs & cats who eat this ingredient in pet foods, treats & human foods/meats) & it has been put on the radar of the FDA/CVM, the vet toxicologist in Tennessee & other watchdog groups by them. I tried to get numerous pet food companies, watchdog groups, pet food advisory groups, etc. to take notice, but no one would take me seriously or take the time & everyone kept ‘passing the buck,’ saying the responsibility belonged to someone else. So, I did all the research (medical, scientific, GRAS, AAFCO, FDA, CVM, AVMA, consumer affairs, hundreds of different foods & treats, etc.) & sent it to all the appropriate agencies in the hopes that someone would finally listen & do the right thing for the pets we all love. Finally someone listened. It was a whimper, not a bang, but at least it was a noise and I can only hope that it got the attention of the right people. I can only hope that something will finally get done about the use of rosemary as a ‘flavor enhancer’ in pet food & its acceptance as a GRAS (generally regarded as safe) ingredient for pets, especially when it is known to cause such severe reactions within hours of ingestion in thousands of pets (vomiting, diarrhea, electrolyte imbalance & hypoglycemia [from vomiting & diarrhea], etc.). Rosemary has been known to be a bile stimulant for over 100 years & in small dogs & cats, those with digestive problems, GERD, colitis or sensitive stomachs, health problems, older pets, puppies, diabetes, etc. this excess bile would definitely cause the extreme symptoms seen when rosemary is consumed by these pets (but not as often by larger or healthier animals).

#27130 Report Abuse
    peg
    Participant

I just read all the reports on the Full Moon Freeze-Dried Chicken Treats, but I use the ones that are not freeze-dried and they do not have Rosemary in them and if you call the 888-970-full telephone number, you do get an answer. My American White Eskimo loves them and gets one a day. I started using them because she is allergic to wheat/grain. Have used them for several months with no problem.

#27671 Report Abuse
    Zaggynut
    Participant

After finding out about the recall, I became slightly nervous considering my dogs love these treats. This made me look for a remedy to this problem, which is I made my own jerky for the boys. Surprisingly they enjoy my homemade treats much better then the store bought one, plus I know exactly what is in them.

#27717 Report Abuse
    peg
    Participant

I go really nervous after reading from the comment just before your’s. Would you tell me how you make your treat or where to go to get the recipe? I sure don’t want to chance my Eskie getting sick and she does love the chicken jerkies from Full Moon.
    Thanks for your help.

#27735 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Tip #5 tells you how you can make your own jerky strips. You can also make them in a dehydrator. Petflow has jerky treats for sale also sometimes. Last week Etta Says Duck jerky was on sale. My dogs also love the fish jerky (Rawsome Pets and The Honest Kitchen). Frankly I haven’t given my dogs any kind of chicken/duck jerky for over a year or two. Now I give them Vital Essentials freeze dried nibblets.

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/11/16/chicken-jerky-treat-casualties.aspx

#27853 Report Abuse
    Rahat

The Dehydrated chicken strips that are ideal for anytime healthy snack there non greasy and easy to break. Is not a meal replacement although it is recommended for small and teacup breeds as one of the several meals a day required for them as they are prone to have low blood sugar. It’s perfect for a between meal snack. For larger breeds it’s a perfect healthy treat for anytime! Its important to supervise your dog while eating any dehydrated treats.

#27862 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

Rahat – These treats are not strips, but are small chunks (for lack of a better word) of freeze dried chicken breast ranging in size from only barely larger than a crumble to around 2 inches in length. The treats you are talking about sound more like the jerky type treats, which quite frankly with all the recalls I wouldn’t suggest anyone feed to their pets regardless of where they are made, what brand they are, or what ingredients they are made from (just to be safe). Anyway, the Full Moon Freeze Dried Chicken Treats contain only two ingredients: Chicken & Rosemary Extract. The amount suggested for a dog the size of a toy poodle (according to the package directions) is 1/2 a piece per day. (This is because rosemary extract is irritating to the digestive tracts of animals when consumed in large amounts, so dosage must be restricted to prevent vomiting & diarrhea!). So, this treat would NOT be suitable to feed as a meal replacement for a toy or teacup breed (or any breed for that matter.) As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t suggest that any pet owner feed commercial treats as a replacement to any meal, when there are so many other safer & much more nutritious things you can give them (raw carrots, pumpkin, apples, boiled chicken, green beans, etc.).

#34100 Report Abuse
    CorgiLuvr

We purchased these as part of our boys Christmas. They love them and we have had no problems at all with them. We have two Corgis, one is 14 1/2 years old and the other is 5.
    To address some of what I’ve read here.
    First, I checked the ingredients on my bag: Chicken, Brown Rice Syrup, Flax Seed Oil, Green Tea Extract. No mention of Rosemary.
    Second, to contact the company:
    Arthur Pet Products
    Salisbury, MD 21804 USA
    http://www.fullmoonpet.com
    Call us @ 1-888-970-FULL(3855)
    Our boys weigh about 25-30 pounds, they each get 1/2 of a strip for their bedtime snack.
    Hope this helps someone,
    Corgi Lover & “the boys”

#34101 Report Abuse
    CorgiLuvr

My apologies, I read this wrong, I thought the subject was the Chicken Jerky strips. However, the phone number for the company should be the same.
    Sorry my bad!!
    CL

#34106 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

CL – Yes, you are describing the ingredients in the Chicken Jerky, which doesn’t contain rosemary in any form (although it does contain green tea extract). The treats in question are the Freeze Dried Chicken Treats which only contain 2 ingredients (Chicken, Rosemary Extract). Yes, the phone number is the same for the company regardless of the type of treat. It wasn’t until just recently that the phone number actually worked and a caller was able to get a person to answer the phone. Also, not too long ago the company web site wasn’t even completed and was ‘under construction’ when you went to it. Both are now working properly, as I have called the company and reported the problems my dog had with this product. I am 100% sure that it is the rosemary causing the problem, since he eats chicken breast with no issues, but cannot eat anything with rosemary (in any form) in it without having the same symptoms of severe vomiting, diarrhea (which will turn severe & bloody if I keep feeding him the offending item), GERD-like symptoms, lack of appetite, etc. I have reported the rosemary issue & all my research to the FDA, numerous pet food companies and the AAFCO, who all now have it on their radar as a problematic food additive for pets. It seems that many ‘natural’ additives have never really been tested on animals, but are ‘Generally Recognized As Safe’ by these agencies for animals because they are safe for humans, but we all know that not everything safe for a person is going to be safe for a dog or cat. My suggestion to anyone who has a problem with this treat, is to call the company at 1-888-970-FULL(3855) and let them know (also tell them you think it’s related to the rosemary, if your dog can eat chicken with no problems). Also contact the FDA and tell them the same thing and an email to the AAFCO, probably couldn’t hurt, either. I know the chicken used in these treats is safe and of human quality (& USA sourced), so that only leaves 1 ingredient, the rosemary. (Plus, my husband actually ate some of the treats to check if they were ‘good’ or not, after all they are human-grade & didn’t suffer any problems at all.)

#42890 Report Abuse
    Willow9311

I have been giving my 2 beagles full moon treats, just not the freeze dried chicken. I have been giving them the chicken strips and have not had any problems and both of mine have sensitive stomachs. I guess it must be the rosemary extract. I will be on the look out for rosemary extract in anything I feed my fur babies.

#42897 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

I stay away from anything freeze dried. If it wasn’t done properly and it’s still raw, then sits on the shelf for eternity, NO WAY. I don’t care what ingredients are in it.

#59605 Report Abuse
    Esther B

At 9 weeks old I started giving my 15lb pup very small bits of the full moon chicken strips, no problem. At 10 weeks and 19lb I started using Durango jerky nubs to start training her, she loves them, but all hell broke loose. She vomited, and has has persistently had the runs. My back yard looks like I gave a cow not a puppy. I unfortunately didn’t put the connection together until reading this forum. Rosemary is used in the jerky nubs! So tho she seems to love them I will not be giving her anything with rosemary ever again. I’m also fearful of giving her the chicken strips too as I’m not sure about the green tea and vinegar. Has anyone had problems with the chicken strips or foods with vinegar and green tea in them? Does anyone have any good treats for training that they are comfortable giving their dogs?

#59606 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I have never heard of Rosemary extract causing stomach upset in general, I think some dogs are sensitive to it, but I wouldn’t blame it for your dogs stomach problems. Personally, I try to avoid any jerky treats because there have been HUGE problems with dogs getting sick from jerky treats made in China. Even if treats say the are USA made, the company could still source ingredients from China. I wouldn’t feed the jerky treats anymore, or any treats that upset her stomach, but I don’t think Rosemary is necessarily to blame.

#59608 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

These treats are NOT made nor sourced in China and are NOT jerky treats. I would NEVER feed my pet Chinese treats. Rosemary is a known bile exciter, which means it activates/encourages the production of larger amounts of bile than normal. Excess bile will cause severe vomiting (yellow & foamy), excessive diarrhea (which can turn bloody quite quickly), low glucose issues (due to the loss of fluids and inability to eat or drink caused by vomiting, diarrhea, & upset stomach/loss of appetite). All of this can (if allowed to continue) cause liver and kidney function issues and abnormalities. I have been in contact with several vets, animal dieticians, the FDA, the AAFCO and been involved in more than two years of studies, including several double blind studies. When rosemary is given on its own or as one of only two ingredients (rosemary and boiled, organic turkey) my dog, as well as many others have had SEVERE reactions to it. The numerous dog foods that have made ingredient changes that have caused pets (who had been eating this same food for years with no problems) suddenly begin to get sick with excessive bile related symptoms (yellow, foamy vomiting, extreme diarrhea that turns bloody, seizures form low blood glucose, and eventually, if left on the same food long enough, abnormal liver and kidney functions). Once this food is removed from their diet and a food that does not contain rosemary is fed, the symptoms clear up immediately. This has also been proven when the vet tells the owner to remove the food from the pet and feed a rice & boiled chicken diet until the symptoms clear up. Once the symptoms are gone and the old diet is started again, all the bad symptoms begin again. And the cycle continues until the pet dies, is put down, or is changed to a non-rosemary containing food. From all of the research and studies performed on this issue it appears that those most affected are smaller dogs and cats, puppies and kittens, pets with GI/Colon/GERD issues, older animals, or those with underlying health issues that makes them weaker or susceptible to the effects of excessive bile production. In addition to all of this, rosemary is also known to be a neuroleptic and has been known for this for more than 150 years (medical data involving humans can be found in many peer reviewed journals). The FDA allows rosemary in pet foods because it is Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) in humans (with the exception of those prone to seizures) and by default this means it is considered GRAS in pets, as well. However, no studies have been performed on pets (by the FDA) to determine the safety of rosemary in pet foods for ALL pets. This is one reason that rosemary (extract, leaf, oil, etc.) has to be listed independently on food labels (human and pet) and exactly as designated by the FDA, so those that have had reactions to it can avoid it. Otherwise it might be included in a pet food (or human one) as part of a generic ingredient listing such as herbs, seasonings, flavors, etc.

#59610 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

Esther,

Honest Kitchen has a great assortment of excellent organic and human-grade treats that are free of rosemary. They stopped adding rosemary to any of their products because so many of their customers were reporting issues in their pets after eating any of their foods or treats that contained it.

#59611 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Thanks for explaining the thing about the rosemary, that makes sense now. Just to be clear, I was talking about the Durango jerky nubs, not the Full Moon treats. I agree with you about the THK treats, they are great!

#59612 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Esther B:
    In addition to the HK treats take a look at freeze dried treats. My dog loves Stella & Chewy’s carnivore crunch treats. There are other companies that make freeze dried treats as well. Look at some of the freeze dried foods that are well reviewed on this site and visit their websites to see if they make treats if interested. I have also used freeze dried foods such as Primal for treats also.

I feed apple cider vinegar regularly to my dog with no issues, I have not fed anything containing green tea before (at least that I know of or could remember).

It is also easy to make your own jerky treats. I make chicken jerky and also dried sweet potato slices for my dog.

#59630 Report Abuse
    Esther B

Thank you all for the tips. Be assured I will not be giving my pup any of the treats that mad her sick again, and will look into your suggestions.

#60886 Report Abuse
    Kayla

Omg, I just bought a small thing of Full moon treats to try out! It does have rosemary in it too… :/ I tried to give Dexter one…and he won’t even touch it.

#65917 Report Abuse
    Jodi E

My airedale swallowed a Full Moon chicken meatball and ended up having over $2000.00 dollars worth surgery & 2 weeks of intensive post-op care.
    She swallowed the treat whole, it lodged in her small intestine & started to swell with fluid, causing a small bowel obstruction. Luckily I caught it right away & she’s alive & well…BUT…I wrote the company hoping to get the product recalled. The other day I received a check for $14.00 dollars and a “Thank you for your patronage” note. WTH?!!! Thats an insult! VERY poor customer service and horrible dog treats that could kill your dog.
    DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!

#69790 Report Abuse
    Bailey N

I was really excited to see this treat sitting on the shelf at my local walmart. I was excited because it said 100% human grade ingredients, 100% natural ingredients, and when I grabbed the bag of Full Moon Chicken Strips and squeezed it between my fingers it broke apart and didn’t splinter (which is something i look for in my dogs treats to help prevent choking and such). I was curious to know if they made dog food so i googled it. I came across this forum and after reading it I got a little alarmed but couldn’t read more because I was in a college class (and obviously not paying attention) so I had to shut the alarm down till I got home. When I arrived home I went to check on Jack, my Welsh Pembroke Corgi, and much to my displeasure there was yellow foam vomit on the floor. The ingredients of the Chicken Strips as opposed to the Freeze Dried Chicken Treats does not have Rosemary/Rosemary Extract in them. I am debilitating the fact that Rosemary/Rosemary extract may be bad for dogs I am just wondering what else would be causing it if Jack is also vomiting and their is no Rosemary/Rosemary Extract present in the treats? Something that upsets me is that I was so naive. My pup depends on me to give him the best and obviously I failed. It looked great, the packaging looked great, the ingredients looked great, and worse of all Jack LOVES them. Very upsetting.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Bailey N.
    #69792 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

Bailey N,
    The Chicken strips contain vinegar, which can cause an allergic reaction (vomiting) in susceptible animals. Additionally, vinegar increases the output of Hydrochloric acid (digestive or stomach acid), which can cause a “sour stomach” and reflux resulting in vomiting. Vinegar should also not be given to animals that have certain medical conditions since it can aggravate their symptoms. Some of these conditions are: pH imbalances (alkaline or acidic), kidney, liver, or adrenal issues. There’s an article in Whole Dog Journal discussing the use of vinegar in dogs (pros and cons) at this web site: http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/2_6/features/5220-1.html

#96083 Report Abuse
    Jeanne S

Wish I had seen this before giving my three dogs these. Shortly afterwards I could hear their stomachs making unhappy sounds followed by my lab frantically trying to get outside where she vomited profusely. Twice more inside the house after that. This is not a dog with a normally sensitive stomach. I noticed the dates on the previous reviews are over 2 years old; apparently, Full Moon has not removed rosemary from its chicken nuggets treats as it is still listed on the bag. I always cook their food, lesson learned, now I need to cook their treats as well.

#96938 Report Abuse
    Celeste P

I feed my dog the same treats but the pork jerky one. And my puppy loves them and I haven’t been able to stock up on them yet cause I’m so busy but my pup would do the same as yours and even now I haven’t boughten then and he’s done that since he was a baby and now he’s a year old I doubt it’s the treats just like mine.

#96968 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

Celeste…Seriously? Have you not read my posts on
    this matter? This has been tested and proven by myself, several vets, and many others. The rosemary contained in these treats causes bile dumping (rosemary is known for causing this, as it is a bile exciter). The excessive amounts of bile “dumped” because of the rosemary, causes fismy yellow vomit & extreme diarrhea (often turning hemorrhagic). Continued ingestion of rosemary frequently results in colitis, dehydration, anorexia, and liver/kidney issues that are the end product of dehydration/anorexia. If your dog is having the symptoms described and it is not eating these treats, I suggest you look at the ingredients of everything it is eating, including all dog food and any human foods (many raw chicken & turkey meats for humans contain rosemary) & the majority of canned & dry dog foods also contain it (including “high end” & grocery store brands).

#96969 Report Abuse
    BijouMama05
    Participant

Bailey…the rosemary ingredient had been tested exclusively (2 ingredient food: ground chicken with rosemary, ground turkey with rosemary, etc.), as well as numerous food brands that contained rosemary. None of the testing foods contained vinegar & the only common denominator was rosemary. After 2 years of testing, it was determined that the cause of the vomiting and diarrhea was the rosemary (several specialty vets concur). Several high quality pet food manufacturers have food rosemary to be a reactive ingredient in their foods and have started to remive it, as well.

#104067 Report Abuse
    Jody K

I have given these treats to my healthy 70 pound Great Dane puppy and they make him violently ill! The first time I gave him just one treat and a couple of hours later he vomited all over the house, it was soo much he had to of completely emptied his stomach. I was horrified, he had never vomited before. Because I was unsure of what caused the vomit for sure I waited a couple of weeks and then gave him a small piece of one of these treats. Again he was violently sick this time with vomit and diarrhea. These treats are terrible! Please do not give them to your pets!

#114411 Report Abuse
    Nick B

Came to this post after a quick Google search on the product. My dog was doing fine until we gave her these. She absolutely loves the Chicken Strips. Those caused somewhat soft stool but she’s undergoing other treatment so I thought little of it.

But she developed gas problems out of nowhere. We wondered why but mostly laughed about it and decided to watch how many treats we gave her more closely per day.

The chicken nuggets caused more violent diarrhea. Since she wasn’t taking meds during this period, I wondered what could have caused this. The nuggets were on sale at our grocery store so my partner loaded up on them. Our other usual treats ran low on grocery week, she’s had little else but Full Moon products and her regular dry food.

This isn’t a perfect testing scenario but the treats may be the cause here. The promise of healthy, simple ingredients drew our attention.

We wondered what changed. Thanks to yall for sharing these troubling stories. We’re thrown this stuff out!!

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.