Fromm Solid Gold Puppy or Heartland Gold Puppy

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Fromm Solid Gold Puppy or Heartland Gold Puppy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Abby V

I’ve been researching foods for a new pug puppy (hopefully, we will have her by November). I have narrowed it down to one brand: Fromm. Is Solid Gold Puppy or Heartland Gold Puppy the best for a pug puppy. She will come home to us on Purina Pro Plan Small Breed Puppy and I will slowly transition her to a Fromm food. I’m trying to determine if it is better to start her off on a balanced food that includes grains or go grain-free from the beginning. I would appreciate your input.

#89458 Report Abuse
    joanne l

I would use grains for puppies, grain free will cause more bowel movements and you don’t want that for a puppy.

#89460 Report Abuse
    Abby V

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking the same thing, but there is so much conflicting information out there. It seems logical to me that I should start a puppy out on a more balanced diet, then begin limiting it if/when allergies arise. I know several people who have started their puppies off on limited ingredient diets. It just seems to me that if their diet is very limited from the beginning, any changes later on will cause digestive upset.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.