šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie F

My Parson Russell Terrier is allergic to : pork, duck, oat, flax and kelp. Had her allergy tested. Any suggestions? I live in Alaska.

#92021 Report Abuse
    anonymous

What type of allergy test was done? Were environmental allergies (more common) ruled out?
    Did you check the search engine here for “allergies”
    My dog that receives treatment from a dermatologist for environmental allergies and also has a sensitive stomach does well on Nutrisca Salmon and Chickpea kibble as a base. Check Chewy dot com, I’m not sure if they deliver to Alaska.

#92026 Report Abuse
    Denise R

My dog with the bad allergies passed away in June at the age of 16. I used to just go into the pet stores & read the labels. Then after I’d find a food that worked I still have to read that label every time. I’d read that label 20 times & the 1st a time I’d skip it they’d have changed the ingredients. My poor dog would be bright red & start licking open areas on her legs. She was a Brittany so you could see her skin color change. She was allergic to peanuts, potatoes, & soybeans – and then peas. I never did mail order because of the formula changes. Also watch for products with peas. Lots of the peas come from China & have been treated with chemicals that many dogs have reactions to. The only thing I can recommend is that you read the labels. Our dog ended up on Pedigree for her last several years. Although it wasn’t a great food, it was the only one she could tolerate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.