šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    I’ve hit kind of a roadblock and I’m hoping someone here may have a suggestion.
    My dog has a mix of environmental allergies and food sensitivities (or possible sensitivities I’m still trying to figure out). Since the summer, I’ve fed her a combination of a raw diet and The Honest Kitchen foods. Her allergies have improved greatly and I’ve been able to figure out some of the meats that set her off. Chicken (and chicken eggs) and beef are out, and unfortunately, so is fish and fish oils.
    I’ve been trying to add in variety and am making headway. But I want to find a good source of useable omega 3s for her. She does very well with rabbit, which has a decent omega 3 to omega 6 ratio. We’re still iffy on lamb, though lamb heart has a decent omega3:omega 6 profile from what I can tell.
    Are there other meats I can/should look at? I know (or think I know) that flax oil has lots of omega 3s, but that it doesn’t convert into the important kinds well. Are there other oils worth looking at?
    Anyone have a dog with fish sensitivities who’s had good luck with krill oil?

Thanks for taking the time to read through this, and for any suggestions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.