Fast Eating Golden

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Fast Eating Golden

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sandy c

Three weeks ago, I got a 16-month-old golden. Seth inhales his kibble. He gets 2-1/2 cups of kibble twice a day. I add a bit of water to his food and this seems to slow him down a tiny bit. I’ve used muffin pans and other homemade items to try and slow him down but they really didn’t work. I also use one of those treat dispensing balls…this one is an oldie, and I place about a half cup of kibble in it. I can’t remember the name of the ball, but Seth loves it! (although I don’t think the downstairs people appreciate it too much!) My main concern is bloat, and being a golden, he is developing a deep chest. Is this treat ball OK for him to use?

I have a question regarding food bowls which are suppose to make a dog eat slower. Any suggestions as to which to buy? Do they really work?

#54376 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Go to Chewy.com. In their sesrch, type in slow feeding bowls. We use the ones that are titled “dog games”.

#54387 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

I like Kyjen’s slo bowls

#54392 Report Abuse
    Sarah Y

We found this one to be very helpful for our beagle who inhales her food. We tried a couple of other bowls until we found this one and it definitely improved things. And with goldens having bigger snouts, it might help even more:

http://www.amazon.com/Dogit-Slow-Anti-Gulping-Bowl-Small/dp/B0032GAJ46/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1412964591&sr=8-4&keywords=dog+slow+bowl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.