šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Wicks Ma

Hello Everyone!
    I am new to this site, we adopted our first dog a month ago, he is an adorable 12 week old Australian German Shepherd and by the looks of him almost exactly half and half (we only know is mom is for sure a German, but all of the puppies look pure Aussie haha). Anyways he never had any stomach issues while at his foster house but since we have had him he has had chronic diarrhea. He also became fairly ill after receiving his vaccinations so it might be related. Regardless we had used Iams prostora probiotics and it seemed to really help, however they were $50 from the vet for only 2 weeks worth!! I bought new probiotics (nutrivet) this week after seeing online reviews that were very positive! I also bought the Fresh Digest in clover enzyme prebiotic mix and am considering giving him this also in hopes of increasing the efficiency of the probiotics and helping with nutrient absorption since he is only 12 weeks at best (technically don’t know exact age) and the chronic diarrhea is starting to worry us a lot. We have seen our vet multiple times as well and she switched his diet to Royal Canin GI (I know its not great but my boyfriend is more of a give them whatever kind of guy and after spending 40 dollars on a small bag is not looking to switch foods again). My question is whether it is a good idea to use the enzymes for such a young puppy and also should it be provided with the probiotics or at a different time?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.