Dogs going mad!

Dog Food Advisor Forums Dog Treats Dogs going mad!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Margaret H

My dog sometimes behaves nice and some times go mad. Is it normal or should I take her to a vet?

#92799 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi, lol, what breed is your dog?? some breeds are a big more mad then some….

#92819 Report Abuse
    Margaret H

Golden retriever

#92820 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I doubt if anyone can answer a vague question like that.
    However, I can tell you that sudden changes in behavior and/or appetite are often symptoms that something may be wrong with the dog.
    So, depending on the severity of the symptoms and when the dog last had a thorough checkup, if it was my dog, I might be inclined to take it to the vet and provide a description of the behavior that is concerning.
    Many factors to consider, such as the dog’s age, medical history, any recent changes in the household…….

#92821 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Another thought, if the dog is in good health (according to a veterinarian that has examined him recently). If he is a senior or has certain health issues, the following won’t apply.

He may not be getting enough exercise. I find that walking a dog for at last 1 hour a day can go a long way in calming them, less hyper, less barking.
    Or, find an activity the dog is passionate about, a game of fetch, swimming, jogging with his owner….

#92838 Report Abuse
    Acroyali

Yep, agreed with Anon101. When you say he “goes mad”, is it silly, over-excited behavior (typical of *young* Goldens!), or aggressive behavior? Any sudden changes in behavior means it’s vet time. Goldens can be notorious for health problems showing up early. If he’s randomly showing aggression, I would speak with your vet in depth about a proper thyroid test and having a CBC ran. If it’s a young dog showing problems with impulse control (meaning, the dog prefers to leap at someone in over-exuberance and land on their head in order to say “pleased to meet you” because they just can’t help their excitement,) I’d talk with a good trainer. An in-person trainer with good credentials, a good reputation, and a good head on their shoulders will be able to evaluate what’s going on and be right there–in person– to help you.

#92841 Report Abuse
    Margaret H

Thank you so much for you replies. I’ll definitely take care of my dog the way you’ll have said.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.