Doggiefood.com has disappeared! Boooo on them!

Dog Food Advisor Forums Off Topic Forum Doggiefood.com has disappeared! Boooo on them!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Daniel K

I’ve been a customer of doggiefood.com for several years. They have been great with a really good selection of 5-star foods as rated here on dogfoodadvisor.com.

Well on 10/26 I placed an order, and right around that time their website went offline, they stopped answering emails, and their phone system stopped working. It’s like they disappeared off the face of the planet. Now their facebook page is gone too.

I had to wait 15 days to file a claim with Bank of America (credit card). Some friends who used PayPal have filed claims with them.

The owner of doggiefood.com, Tony Gabriele, still has a Facebook page.

Does anyone have any idea what happened? Did they go bankrupt? Or just skipped town? It’s really disappointing.

Hoping someone knows more than I do.

Anyone else?

Thanks,
    Daniel in Seattle

#80234 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

There is a thread on oine of the forums here about their service; glad you’ve had good luck but alot of us have had nothing but bad experiences.

Let me recommend Chewy dot com as a great place to order from!

#80238 Report Abuse
    C4D

Very interesting. I ordered from them in the past, but not in a couple of years and have been receiving a lot of emails from them very recently offering 25% off all orders. I see that they appear to be offline. It looks like they might be defunct. There have been several posters with less than good experiences, so it could be that they’re done.

#80239 Report Abuse
    Daniel K

Thank you InkedMarie and C4D. I did search the forums here for doggiefood prior to creating a new thread and I didn’t see one specifically for doggiefood.com, so that’s why I started one. I also see a variety of good, bad and neutral comments about them in a number of posts across the forums. As I said, my experience with them as been 100% positive until now. Oh well. I’m now a chewy.com and petflow.com customer.

#80247 Report Abuse
    C4D

Hi Daniel K,

I haven’t ordered from chewy, but many have and seem to be happy with their orders. I order from petflow regularly with good luck. Their customer service is very good too.

#80261 Report Abuse
    Christine H

Finally have found someone talking about doggiefood.com. Was beginning to wander if there was anyone else out there that had placed orders with them. I too, recently placed a couple orders trying to use the doggie bucks I had, even though I had until 6/2016. I was getting concerned because there were so many of their items that were continuously out of stock that I felt something was up. The order went through, showed up on my email, but never had an update that it had been shipped. When I attempted to look up my account, the page says temporarily down. Been like that for over a week now. Also, I sent an email with no response, tried calling several times, call gets disconnected. I also had paid $100.00 for the promotion of receiving $150.00 of products to be redeemed in December. As of now they owe me $200.00+ opened a dispute with my credit card company. Also I sent a complaint to the BBB of Rhode Island. I suggest others do the same, maybe it will be thoroughly investigated if more people file a complaint. I have never experienced an online store that has been in business for years just disappearing out of the blue like this!!!! Very disappointing!!!!

#80262 Report Abuse
    Christine H

Pet Flow is another great company to order from. Very efficient!!!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Christine H. Reason: misspelled word
    #80266 Report Abuse
    C4D

Hi Christine H,

Sorry that happened to you. I got that email on 9/1. So glad i didn’t go for it. Seems deceptive that they took money & closed shop. I hope you get the money credited back. 🙁

#80271 Report Abuse
    Daniel K

Thank you, Christine, for sharing your experience. Bank of America has refunded my money now to my credit card, but this negative doggiefood.com experience still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Thank you for suggesting complaining to the BBB. I just did so on their website. Easy to do, and maybe it will help as I do see doggiefood.com is (was?) an accredited business.

Meanwhile, I have ordered from petflow.com and chewy.com. My chewy.com order arrived in just two days!

#80272 Report Abuse
    Christine H

I also have ordered from Petflow. I must say, I am grateful the credit card companies refund our money when businesses such as this one defunct on their part of the sale. It’s just that it is a drawn out process. It takes weeks before there is a conclusion. Personally I am very much interested in what has happened with them, disappearing off the grid like that… I believe Doggiefood.com was not receiving products from the companies they were distributing for. Many of their items were out of stock for extended periods of time. One dehydrated brand that I really liked was totally taken out of the brands they had listed. I actually called the company and all they would say to me was that doggiefood was out of stock of their food and that I could purchase it from the other online pet food stores. I wouldn’t care if they decided to close their doors, just bothered with the way they did it,
    still taking orders, consumers money, with no intentions of sending the product.

#80273 Report Abuse
    Daniel K

My thoughts exactly. I’m very curious.

#80325 Report Abuse
    Luke’s M

I placed an order with them on 10/31 & have yet to receive the bag of food, or any confirmation of shipment. Like others, I too purchased the $100 for $150 doggie bucks promotion in August. I wondered at the time why we had to purchase it so far in advance & couldn’t cash it in until December. Now I’m thinking it was an intentional means of bringing in revenue, knowing the company would be going under before anyone had a chance to redeem. I’m filing a claim with PayPal for my most recent purchase & with my credit card company for the $100 in doggie bucks. This is too bad because I always got good deals & fast shipping with this company for all my other orders. Back to ordering from Amazon for now. 🙁

#80331 Report Abuse
    Donna P

I’ve used them for several years and never had an issue! I also have the coupons from them for the deal in August. This is very disappointing!

#80335 Report Abuse
    Christine H

Do you mean the doggiedbone bucks where they could be added to the order as cash and on top of any other promotion? I still had $40.00 worth of those. As a matter of fact when I placed my last order at the end of October I placed 2 separate orders to try to get them used up.. I felt uneasy with the amount of products they had “OUT of STOCK”. That drew a red flag for me, and I felt something was going on. I am beginning to think they weren’t paying for the product they received and the companies were refusing to send them more food. I also think they were trying to get their inventory down before they closed their doors, so they could get every last penny from us, the unknowing customer…. How they think they can just walk away with customers’ money is beyond me. I think I will be calling the police in Rhode Island and also the Attorney General. These companies should not be permitted to get away with this kind of deceptiveness.

#80519 Report Abuse
    Tammy H

I have been ordering from doggiefood.com for years, and also purchased $100 worth of coupons a few months ago that were supposed to good until June 2016. I am furious! Interestingly, right around the time they closed, I received my first mail advertisement from Chewy.com. This made me wonder if they were related. Then, I read online that someone had ordered from doggiefood.com but received Chewy.com products! So, today I placed a call to Chewy.com and asked customer service if these companies are related. His manager assured me they are completely unrelated companies, but doggiefood.com is a 3rd party agency and if they can’t locate a product that someone purchased, they buy it from eBay, etc. They are not happy with this, and Chewy recently put together a fraud department to prevent 3rd party sales of their products. On a lighter note, Chewy told me to take a look at their site and call customer service back, and maybe they could give me a small discount to take some of the sting out of my bad experience with doggiefood.com. Very nice of them.

I, too, will try to place a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against doggiefood.com. If anyone hears anything, please share!

#80529 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Tammy.
    Chewy is awesome! Very nice of them to offer you a discount.

#80604 Report Abuse
    will w

Found this via google… Anyone know what’s happened? They always were the best tax free solution for my orijen orders.. Now they gone 🙁

#80687 Report Abuse
    Nancy B

Very odd. I have ordered quite a bit from them. I did not have any problems, my sister did have a problem a year ago with something not being shipped, and no response. Doggiefood.com did refund her money finally. Anyone know of a source for the Essex Cottage Farms mixes? Doggiefood.com was the only company that I found in the US that carries them.

#83211 Report Abuse
    Elaine W

i had used doggiefood since 2010 but in the last year or so, they discontinued a few foods my cats like (spot’s stew in a can, not the dry, and a few others i can’t remember) so i was forced to order elsewhere to get free shipping. there were times there was a huge delay, but i always ordered in bulk, way ahead of time, because the prices were the best to be found. i didn’t feel like paying extra just for timely service.

my cats have recently developed some kind of reaction to wellness, which is disappointing since they’ve eaten it for years, but they both vomit and then don’t eat for at least 24 hours, so i am going back to Weruva and probably a couple of other things that are more expensive. i like chewy.com the best, plus prices have dropped on a few of the big ticket brands and i think the “who cares” customer service of doggiefood was what finally killed them. i wasn’t out any money because the last time i ordered was between 6-10 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.