🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    john h

I have a Cavilier whom I have tried several kibbles (Science, Blue) and she will eat for a couple of days then not. Have tried adding broth and “mixers” with same effect.

Ideas?

#82677 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

It’s time for “Tough love”. Put the food down, wait 15min. Nothing til the next meal then put the food down again. By constantly changingmfoods, you’re creating a picky eater.

#83121 Report Abuse
    john h

Have done that and now at 5 weeks she has low albumin and proteins

#84190 Report Abuse
    Ken D

At times, my 14 year old terrier gets a little picky and turns “Nose up” at Blue kibble. However, if I have a little left over chunky soup, adding a little of juice revs up his appetite. Outside of trying to “Spruce things up a little,” have you consulted with Vet over any possible medical issues?

#84206 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

John,

Are you saying the pup you’re feeding is only five weeks old?

#84283 Report Abuse
    Marionne H

I would consult a vet. Your dog might have a medical issue or a dental problem. I had a dog with a stomach ulcer several years who could not eat kibble; it was too processed for him and apparently upset his stomach. We tried a number of kibbles then realized there was something more to it…every time he would excitedly eat the new kibble for a few days then stop eating it. He was always willing to try something new…but it still made him feel bad. 🙁 We ended up putting him on an acid reducer to help with his ulcer and I home cooked as he felt better but still could not eat the kibble consistently. If I had to do it again I would have tried a raw diet for him. I’d consult a vet to confirm whether there is anything physically wrong, then consider trying a raw diet (the prepared mixes are expensive but more convenient than making your own). Kibble might be too processed for him.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.