๐Ÿฑ NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 655 total)
  • Author

Akari, Did you email NVI and ask for a coupon? They are sending out the vouchers instead of coupons.

#39753 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Personally, I’d never patronize Petland, they sell puppy mill puppies in their stores.

#39754 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Hater and Molly’s Mom – she is so pretty! What breed is she? ๐Ÿ™‚

Akari… Girl… I am pretty sure I will do it, and then I will have to seriously NOT. LOOK. AT. DEALS. OR. COUPONS. for 6 months AT LEAST! I will also have to smuggle 25 lbs of food in individual 5-lb bags in the house without the hubby noticing, and hiding them somehow in a small apartment, along with the rest of the supplies… Hence, Lord, have mercy, but like you said – spend now, save later, and this dog will soon be set till the end of 20freakin15! ๐Ÿ˜€ The total of the 25lbs of food will cost $16 (counting in the free bag I begged NVI for, lol!).

Also, when I asked how long the promotion will be going on for, they said they don’t know, but for a while. I think it also just started or something… So you should definitely check, you could give them a call and let them know what the deal is at another PetLand, and see if they can hook you up! And I gotta catch it as soon as I get paid, then done! (Almost… I told my friend I will buy 5lbs of her Victor Ultra Pro bag because I really want to feed it to Bruno but don’t want to order it online – too expensive, and they don’t sell small sizes in the stores). But she won’t open that for a while, maybe like toward the end of the year, so I am good… And once I use my Petco+manufacturer coupons on some Wellness, AvoDerm, Blue Wilderness, Solid Gold, Canidae Pure, Merrick, and I have another coupon for NVI, but I can use it on another bag (clearly not on the free one, lol), THEN this dog will be set till the end of 2015 for reals and I need to practice self control like crazy. But I got this… I think. I should be able to do this. Right?

#39755 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Betsy, I completely agree – if it wasn’t for the free bags of food they were giving away (first Holistic Health Extension, now NutriSource) and coupons, I would not shop there either. I would NEVER buy a puppy from them… Poor little creatures… But the deals they have a good, and until I reach a financial point at which I can afford to bypass a good deal if I dislike the store, I will have to suck it up and go there. But once I get a “real” job, and hopefully become financially stable, I will probably only shop at my favorite pet boutique which also has decent deals sometimes, plus sells good food! ๐Ÿ™‚

#39756 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

True. But I have a strict $40 a month budget to feed 2 large dogs, a cat that eats anything that he can get his paws on, 370 gallons worth of ponds and aquariums, 3 leopard geckos, and a Mali Uromastyx, and I’m not going to feed them low quality food, so I take what I can get where I can get it from. That said, I typically avoid PetLand like the plague. I’ve been in there like 4 times in the last several years, and only walked out with something one or two times.

#39757 Report Abuse

Naturella, Thank you! Molly is a beagle. I thought i was the only one who smuggled dog food in the house, lol!

#39758 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Its ok, I have to smuggle dog food, cat food, reptile food, fish food, fish, fish stuff, reptile stuff, GoodWill stuff (wow this is a long list LOL) in all the time XD

Aleks, you need another dog… :p

#39759 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari – I feel you!

Hater and Molly’s Mom – she’s a beaut! And lol, nope! I MAY get away with a bag if it came completely free, and I know that $16 for 25lbs is LIKE free, I still fear the chastising look of the hubs as I try to squish bags upon bags of food in the cabinet under the sink, which is just about overflowing already… Sigh… But I don’t know what to do, good deals just call my name like crazy… But really, after this trip, I am not buying anything until it is the end of the year. And I pray there are no insane deals like the ones above, or the one I got on Nutrisca one time – $5 for 4lbs of food – I think it was just being introduced on Petflow, so I grabbed it – how could I bypass THAT? So I should probably block those websites for a while, huh? ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyway… I do pay close attention to expiration dates, no worries, and the foods get lined up and, if necessary, adjusted so that Bruno doesn’t have to eat expired food!

#39760 Report Abuse

Let’s see if you can really practice “self control”, LOL! It’s so hard to pass up a good deal. What kind of dog is Bruno?

#39762 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari, I think that all the time… Actually, we both think so, and we want to foster too, but not until we have more space – at least our own apartment or something. Our roommate has a 70-lb lab-hound mix, and a 2-bedroom apartment is just not the right place for more dogs. But, one day, we definitely will own another and foster at least one.

#39766 Report Abuse
    Naturella

I think I can! I think I can! I think I can! ๐Ÿ˜€

#39989 Report Abuse
    Naturella

So today I pitched the idea of the amazing deal of 20lbs for $16 (plus 4-5lbs free from NVI) of food to the hubs and of course I got the LOOK and the LECTURE that there is no shortage of dog food anytime soon, nor will all the sales and promotions cease indefinitely… SIGH, I KNOW that, BUT the deal… Anywho, I think I will have to pass on it… It is too good, but I just can’t keep stocking up for this little animal, which doesn’t even eat his full cup of dry/day anyway, so he is extra slow on consumption… At least he’s not one of those pups that you need to watch around food and control their intake. And I feel that he may eat even less over the summer because it is quite hot here in Georgia, SO, the bottom line is – I forfeit the deal to someone else, who will hopefully take advantage of it and can use the PetLand coupon or whatever to get a good deal on foods.

As for me and my dog, we will continue with the endless Earthborn – by fault of yours truly – lesson learned, unless we get another dog next year (or whenever we do really – until then) Bruno will only get a small bag of each food I want to feed him. I will just hope the deals do reoccur often! ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. I am determined to smuggle small “trial” bags of Orijen and Acana to spice up Bruno’s mixes whenever they are on sale at the pet boutique! Now those are small enough to hide easier! Mwahahah! ๐Ÿ˜€

#39990 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Aw, too bad! I’d love to email PetLand and see if they could give me coupons, or email Nature’s Variety and shove their $3 off coupons up their butts and tell them to give me the BOGO coupons I deserve, but Yahoo is having some issues right now, and it doesn’t work on my phone ๐Ÿ™

#39995 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Yeah… Sigh. I will survive though… LoL

And I was super nice to NVI and praised their product and asked for the “free bag of food” voucher and they happily responded! Hope they do it for you too – I told them a friend told me she got it (shoutout to Hater and Molly’s Mom). ๐Ÿ™‚

And do call Petland and ask about the TOTW-NutriSource giveaway thing (buy one TOTW any size, get 5lbs of NutriSource free). ๐Ÿ™‚

#41045 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Went shopping yesterday! Didn’t plan or anything, and still came out really great!

I got:

1x 4lb bag of Hills Ideal Balance Small Breed Puppy food ($11.99 on sale)
    4x 13.whatever oz cans of Hills Ideal Balance Dog food ($2.00 each on sale)
    1x Shubunkin Goldfish (I have a goldfish problem….)

Coupons were:
    -2 free cans when you buy any size bag (hanging on the shelf)
    -BOGO Hills Ideal Balance Dog Food Cans
    -$5 off any size Hills Ideal Balance Food Dog or Cat (jacked a pamphlet from a PetCo LOL)
    -$6 off any Hills Dry Dog or Cat food purchase (prints on receipt of previous purchase)

I think that’s it… Ill have to check my receipt later lol

Anyways, got out of there for $4! I didn’t plan or bring any of those coupons with me except the $6 off one LOL We went in to find cat food for my friend, and left with all the goodies :p I should have just gotten the two free cans and not paid $1 a piece for the other two, but it’s not like they won’t get used. I figure I paid $1 a pound for the food and got the cans and fish free lol

#41234 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I can’t compete with Akari, I just picked up one Wellness and one Holistice select canned food for my cats at $1.00 off/each.

FYI:
    coupons.com has the following coupons posted:
    $4.00 off any Natureโ€™s Recipe (Petsmart) dry 4 lbs. or larger
    $2.00 off any Nutro Ultra dry 4 lbs. or larger
    B3G1 free Nutro Ultra Boost trays
    $1.50 off 5 Iams Woof Delights

#41250 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Doggiefood.com has buy one get one free Orijen freeze dried. I saw it posted in the review section so of course I ordered 2. It’s the 16 oz bags and if you’re a new customer you get another 20% off. I’m starting to scare myself.

#41434 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Petco.com is offering $30 off after you spend $100 plus free s&h for the next three days.

#41707 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Here’s a good one for you guys, if you have a Pet Supermarket around

PetSmart has Natures Table for $15 a 5lb bag

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/336EDB06-DED7-408F-9A4E-EA8D72161461_zpsgqflrvfz.png

And Pet Supermarket just set out $10 off any 5lb bag or larger!!

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/F536CF37-766A-42F0-ACD9-ED0F2DD26548_zpsizeelraa.png

And just because this is funny lol

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/C3110100-3548-4AA6-9EDE-01E8E52D2765_zps6mfwbvrd.png

#41763 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Today’s haul!

34 cans of Wellness Complete Health, 5.5 oz cans, for $19.93!

PetSmart has them on sale for $1.60 a can. Since they are crap heads and won’t take more than one like Manufacturer coupon at a time, I said screw you, and skilled them all together and went to Pet Supermarket. The manager is much nicer there, anyways. He even saved me from the scary stalker-nerd cashier to ring me up lol

Anyways, he price matched all the cans for $1.60, then took my $4 off $20 store coupon, and I have him 34 $1 off any size can of Wellness dog or cat food. $20 for 34 cans of wellness is a steal!

There are some clearance tuna ones that I tempted to go back and get, but I really just want to avoid fish, as much as an even better deal calls to me LOL

Here’s a pic of my score today ๐Ÿ™‚

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/8D0B0028-2AEA-4F7B-B32C-9DA4F67DB879_zpsmqhhrhzu.jpg

Works out to .59 cents a can! ๐Ÿ™‚

#41766 Report Abuse
    Naturella

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! Yay you, Akari! ๐Ÿ™‚
    That and THK should last you for a while, no?

#41767 Report Abuse

Wow! That was a great deal!

#41784 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The HK was for Bentley lol

#41785 Report Abuse
    Naturella

LoL, it took me a minute to realize that was cat food.

#41786 Report Abuse

It took me a minute too, lol!

#41790 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

Where did you get the Wellness coupons?

#41791 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

#41792 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Akari-
    I get their monthly coupons, but they are for $1 off canned and $3 off dry. I thought I could only buy 1 can with the $1 coupon. Can I use it for more than one?

#41794 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Naturella you need another dog a bigger one, a friend for little Bruno, there would be heaps of doggies at the pound wanting a good home like yours..

#41795 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Depends on the store. The local PetSmart won’t, but Pet Supermarket will.

#41796 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Sue66b, I know… But doggies need more than just lots of good food and love – they need space, vetting (shots), monthly meds, spaying/neutering, and may have other special medical needs. While none are a reason I would not adopt a pet, I just cannot afford to cover those other needs at the moment – and we live in a two-bedroom apartment with a roommate and his 70-lb hound mix – there will be even less space if another doggie is added to the mix. And we definitely want to foster and adopt at least one more dog in the future, but as of now, we just cannot take on that financial responsibility. Sigh… But one day! ๐Ÿ™‚

#41829 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

the wellness newsletter I get allows me to print each coupon (the $1/can and $3/dry) two separate times, but it says that each coupon is uniquely coded and cannot be used more than once and that “photocopies, additional prints, or alterations constitute fraud”. My local pet stores just raised the price of Wellness cans again to $1.89/can of the 5.5oz. One increased the price first but another was holding out at $1.59/can for awhile, so I would use my coupons and buy a few extra cans there from time to time, but last week they went up to $1.89 too so from now on I am just going to buy all of my wellness online I think. I have been buying a case of 12 of the 12.5oz size from Chewy.com for $23.40 and that has been working out well for me. That works out to be $1.95/can which is a good deal, and I am not having to throw any away so far. I get 2 cases of the Turkey(green can) and one Turkey and Salmon (purple) because my cats do not seem to like the chicken formula as much and when I get the large cans of that variety I do wind up throwing some away.

#41830 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I did like to get the minced turkey or chicken kind at the store from time to time but I am not paying $1.89 a 5.5oz can for it and those aren’t a very good deal at Chewy either. I did notice that Chewy does have NV Pride minced or flaked on sale this week, I think the chicken or salmon is $16.79 for 12 5.5oz cans so I might try out a case of that

#41841 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

AKARI, how could you print 34 coupons for $1 off? If the company only allows printing of 2 coupons per computer? I know that when I print coupons, they are able to limit my computer from printing more than allowed! Did you get a whole bunch of other people to print them for you or what? I just don’t see how any of us would have access to 34 coupons.

#41875 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

The trick with the Wellness coupons is that you can only access the printing page twice per month, but you can tell it to print however many you want when are on the printing page. At least on my computers it always does. And it does track by your IP address, so you could use several computers if you already accessed the printing page twice on one computer. I’ll be printing more here soon. I’ll try and remember to take a screen shot when I do to show you what I mean.

#41879 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I was just on coupons.com and noticed that Waggin Train has a ton of coupons out. Ugh, I didn’t think they still sold that stuff.

#41880 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Ugh, I know! It’s a popular brand here, because we’re in a pretty low income area.

#41882 Report Abuse
    Suburban Gal

FYI…

My local Kriser’s gave me free samples (2 OZ bags) of Earthbound Holistic dry food (Lamb, Bison and Herring) and they came with $3 off coupons on the bag. The coupons are good on 5 LB or larger bags of dog food and have no expiration date.

Kriser’s are a chain of privately owned pet stores in CO, CA, TX and IL.

You can learn more about Kriser’s by going to http://www.krisers.com.

#41929 Report Abuse
    somebodysme
    Participant

Well you are lucky you could set your printer to print more because I’ve tried that with other coupons and I quickly got a warning and a refusal to print. Apparently Wellness has not yet caught on, I bet they will before long. Some companies are so strict and stingy!

#42327 Report Abuse
    Suburban Gal

Here’s a good site to keep in mind:

https://www.coupaw.com/

#42436 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hey guys! I’m about to try something out….

Pet Supermarket just got in 2 lb bags of Wellness Toy Complete Health, in various life stages and whatnots. They are regularly priced at $8.99, but since they’re new, they are $3 off (all 2-4 pound bag of the toy foods are), which makes them a whopping $5.99 a bag. Combine that with their $5 off any size bag coupon, and you have yourself Wellness for $0.50 a pound! I’m going to go further than that and combine them all with a $2 off $10 purchase coupon, so I’ll be about $8 plus tax for 20 pounds of Wellness! It’s not grain free, so thats something to keep in mind if that matters to you. My dogs don’t care, so I don’t care! Need less to say I’ll be stocking up on this. I try to do grain free, grain inclusive, grain free, and so on, and the dogs are currently on NutriSource Super Performance, which is grain inclusive and chicken based, like the Wellness, but I’m sure they’ll live. Mommy ain’t made o’ money, you know! lol So I plan on doing that for the next couple days until the $2 off $10 coupon expires the end of the month. Gotta feed them puppies! :3 Pictures to come of how I make out ๐Ÿ™‚

(Side note, I could do the deal with the $4 off $20 coupon, but I’m pretty sure they’d hate me for clearing their shelves in one go LOL).

#42455 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Oooh! *drool* lol. I will have to see if my local Pet Supermarket offers something like that! You know, just to see and stuff since I’m on a ban of purchasing. Hah. BUT, if they DO have it, I am buying it and taking it to Bulgaria with me to donate to my city’s shelter! ๐Ÿ˜€

#42513 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

You think, if you got some for yourself, you could pass them off as samples?? LOL

#42524 Report Abuse
    Naturella

LoL! You will lead me into sin! ๐Ÿ˜€

But really – probably could but I won’t – gotta be honest with the hubs. If I buy 20lbs of it it is getting donated in my homeland. But we’ll see… Thank you for always sharing deals though! ๐Ÿ™‚ This keeps my hope alive that once I get down to the last bag of food I currently have, there will still be deals to be snatched and I will be ok. ๐Ÿ™‚

#42659 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Got another one for you guys! PetSmart has Wellness Complete Health on sale for $1.50 a can! Even better than last time!!!!! Went to Pet Supermarket again for price matching.

17x 5.5 oz cans of Wellness Grain Free Tuna– on clearance for 97 cents a can
    10x 5.5 oz cans of Wellness Complete Health– price matched $1.50 a can

$4 off $20 Pet Supermarket coupon
    27x $1 off any Wellness can

Now here’s where it gets fun. I usually have the manager do it, but he had the new cashier do it this time. At first, I only had 3 cans of the CH, and I did my math wrong and ended up where I would have gone in the negative if he continued on with all the coupons. So after he voided off all the coupons he rang up (almost all of them at that point– felt really bad), so I grabbed 7 more cans of CH, to get my total up where it should have been in the first place. Everything got scanned in, but it came out to $7.09, which I knew wasn’t right. I paid, then went out to the car to figure out what happened. Turns out, one of the $1 off couple didn’t get rung up, and my additional 7 cans were not price matched. Oops!

So I went back in, showed them what happened, the manager was reply cool about it, and voided the order and had the cashier do it all again. After we got it all fixed, it came out to. $2.8-something. Much better! But I still was not given my money back from the first order. The manager was going to give me the difference in cash rather than me paying the second bill, but forgot to tell the cashier that, and then got all confused. He went back and forth with himself and his calculator for a few minutes before I figure out what it was he was doing. The cashier gave me 65 cents back after some instruction from the manager, then he counted his till, then the manager counted his till again, and then the manager figured some how that I should be getting $6 and change back (the till was over by that much). So all in all, I have no idea what happened, and I don’t think the manager has any idea what happened and I have no idea how much I paid. I think I ended up making money because someone got screwed up…. Our best guess is that the cashier actually didn’t give someone the right change, so I got the extra LOL I tried to tell the manager that I didn’t want to take the money if they were going to get in trouble or screw up their till or anything, but he insisted. I feel terrible that that poor cashier had to ring that order and all those coupons up so many times!

I went in for all price matched 1.50 cans, but came out with the clearance cans, so it was a little my fault got having no idea how to do math (apparently math on the fly just doesn’t work out for me lol), and a little the cashiers for not knowing what he was doing, and a little the managers for not just refunding the first order for me to pay with the refunded money. But he was (and always is) great and we figured it out after a while lol I’ll be writing to corporate about him. This dude needs a raise or something (so long as he stays at this store!) lol

#42660 Report Abuse
    neezerfan

I wanna move to where you are!

#42663 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Nice shopping trip Akari, I wish my pet stores let me use multiple Wellness coupons for one purchase! I do have a $5 off any $20 purchase at Pet Supplies Plus I will be using soon, but that’s all I got so far. I wonder if Pet Supplies Plus price matches, I will have to ask them.

#42666 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

It depends on the store. The manager here said that wellness has not told them not to accept more than one per order, so he just takes them. Their check out system is already complicated enough, so he sure doesn’t want to make life harder on himself and his staff by making it only one kind of manufacturer coupon per order. I’m perfectly ok with that lol

Most store do price match, but not many will price match sales. Just check with whatever store you shop at. They are usually cool about it.

#42876 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/D04847B7-4DE5-48D0-995B-BBFFACE3E14A_zpsbo5olou8.jpg

$86 baby!

50% off each bag
    $2 EVO 6.6 lb or larger coupons (3)
    $4 off $20 purchase (3)

I’m now the proud owner of 3 28.6 pound bags of EVO lol

#42877 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Nice score!!! Very productive day of shopping for you! lol

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 655 total)
  • The topic ‘Coupons!’ is closed to new replies.