🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

So I was at PetCo today (and Pet Supermarket. And PetSmart. But that’s beside the point) and spotted the greatest thing I’ve ever seen in the clearance section. This Ewok costume:

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/BBBC20D9-682B-4779-A1A4-136993862843_zpskg8idhrn.jpg

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/87A2BCE0-D2AB-4917-B03F-1B1F4911565F_zpsianqtztc.jpg

It’s even got a little spear!! LOL Bentley isn’t too pleased with this new addition to his wardrobe, but as long as the hood is down, he’s ok with it. Now I’ve all I have to do is find the cats penguin costume, and it’ll be a good time all around XD

#55876 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Ha ha!! That is too cute!!

#55877 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Right!!!? Oh my god I died when I first saw it lol It’s actually a cat costume apparently. But what kind of cat is going to fit into a costume that fits on a 7 1/2 pound dog, and is still a little too small?? Lol

#55884 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Very cute, perfect for Bentley! 😉

#55932 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

OMG, so cute! Lily would likely not be a costume fan, so she just is sporting a pumpkin bandana this halloween.

#55963 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

He’s definitely not to please about it, and *hates* the hood LOL However, he’s a big baby, and likes his argyle sweater vest when its gets too cold out for him *rolls eyes* Keep in mind, we live in Florida, so it really doesn’t ever get that cold LOL

#55964 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Akari

My JRT and my aunt would beg to differ with you. I know that it only got up to the high 80s/low 90s today, but my aunt wore 2 jackets, and my JRT wanted to not go out this morning.

#55967 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Ha! And here I was wondering where my 64 degrees went from last week! I’m the exact opposite. I hate being outside during the summer, but come late fall to early spring, I love the cool weather. Really, I just have a hoodie problem and need an excuse to wear them, and I have a strict rule of no long sleeves of any kind until its gets into the low 60s and theres a wind chill LOL

It’s funny that Jack Russell’s are such princesses when they are bred as hunting dogs. Bentley won’t go out when the grass is even so much as slightly damp from dew, won’t go out in the cold with out his jacket, won’t stay outside too long if its too hot, and god forbid it be raining and he have to pee. My friends Jack Russell loves to be dressed in pretty cloths (she knows when she’s wearing a dress, and will prance around like she’s hot stuff), and knows all the sad and pathetic things to do in order to get attention, like fake shiver so her mommy will give her cuddles XD

#55975 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I’ve fostered some chihuahuas, they were all great dogs and most of them defied the negative stereotypes. Most of them still HATED the rain though, tell me about it!

#55978 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I was joking around on facebook the other morning and posted a picture of Bentley going pee in the pouring rain before the cold front came through. Normally he won’t do it, but he had been up for several hours and just couldn’t hold it any more. Poor guy came in looking like a drowned rat LOL Ginger of course just waited for it to let up some before meandering out to pee. Then again, she’d just pee in the house of she didn’t want to be outside…. Lol

#56052 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #56067 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Slight change in wardrobe! Bentley wasn’t liking the hood his Ewok costume, and I found his old skeleton costume from last year which he loves. So put the Ewok on Ginger instead. She was a little confused at first, but a couple treats later, and she could care less. She’s been passed out in it day lol

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/AB61D230-D83C-4815-92A4-B6F5752F5761_zps9nbnpwuq.jpg

#56071 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

I had to laugh at you Florida guys talking about the cold weather!! Last winter here in Ohio I had a lot of minus zero days. Got an email from my SIL on one of those days (she’s outside Tampa) and she complained about the frigid temp! It was 47. Um, really? lol I hope to retire to those frigid temps some day.
    PS costumes are adorable

#56072 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I wish it was 47 here! I’ve been setting up Halloween decorations in the 80+ degree heat all day! Should get here some time late tonight though. We are only an hour south of Tampa.

#56075 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Happy Halloween everyone! It is raining here today, so we are all crossing our fingers and paws for tonight!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by Dog_Obsessed.
    #56087 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yep, I just got in from our Fall Festival and it was a balmy 78 tonight. We actually had enough of a breeze for me to be able to stand a long sleeve shirt to keep the mosquitos off, yes we still have lots of mosquitos. We’re supposed to have a cold front move in over night and actually get some cold temps, but “cold” is definitely relative. I think they were talking high 50s, low 60s.

#56088 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari – your babies are in amazing costumes! Love them! Bruno gets timid and uncomfortable when put clothes on so this year he is wearing his self costume, just like last year, lol!

But Happy Halloween, all! 🙂 Enjoy it! 🙂

#56107 Report Abuse
    jakes mom

Akari, you aren’t near Wimaua by any chance are you, that’s where my bro*** and sil are. That’s about an hour from Tampa but not sure what direction, I just know they go to Tampa for doc and hospital, closest big city for that stuff.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.