Company owned manufacturing

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Company owned manufacturing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Daniel S

Hello,

Is there a handy source that lists dog food companies that own and manage their own manufacturing facilities?

Regards,

Zohsix

#67708 Report Abuse
    Laura M

The Whole Dog Journal lists this information in their yearly dog food reviews but it is a subscription magazine. I feel the subscription price is well worth it – lots of great information.

#67745 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I don’t know of a list but Canidae has a plant called Ethos, Wellpet, Tuffy’s, Champion Pet Foods, Nature’s Variety are some that have a plant. That doesn’t necessarily mean they manufacture all their own product lines though.

#67854 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

I think you can backorder the issue of the Whole Dog Journal. There is a report in their February 2015 issue.

#67855 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Addiction, Castor & Pollux, Champion (Orijen & Acana), Central Garden & Pet (Avoderm & Pinnacle), Farmina, Fromm, Hi-Tek (Hi-Tek & Leonard Powell), Horizon, Midwestern Pet Foods (Earthborn), Natura (EVO, Innovation), Ohio Pet Foods (Blackwood), Precise, Taplow Ventures (FirstMate – I’m using this right now for one of my dogs), Tuffy’s (NutriSource, Natural Planet and Pure Vita).

#67861 Report Abuse
    Laura M

Once you subscribe to Whole Dog Journal you can search all the issues on line (as well as getting them in printed form delivered).

#67882 Report Abuse
    Daniel S

Thanks all, and thanks DogFoodie for the specifics! I’ll also look into the Whole Dog Journal.

ZohSix

#67884 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Just noticed auto-correct changed Innova to Innovation.

Hey Sandy, I was thinking Nature’s Variety was self-packed, but WDJ listed it as co-packed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.