🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Naturella

Hello, all!

I have a question…

So, I am going to try some collagen hydrolysate for myself, but I was wondering… since it is basically gelatin “on steroids” (not real steroids), and it is good for human hair, skin, nails, and joints, would it be good to add to Bruno’s food like maybe once/week (just a small sprinkle), since he is just 15.2 lbs. He is about 3 yrs old, terrier mix, with moderate to high energy and exercise level.

What do you all think? Have any of you tried it? I am going to be using the Great Lakes brand.

#84098 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You know, I have a container of the GL collagen that I got for boone & forgot to put it in the dog cupboard!

#84100 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Marie, since you had some for Boone, I will assume it is safe to give to dogs! 🙂

Do you (or anyone else) think it is too early to start adding it for Bruno, just for maintenance? Also, I was thinking of adding a tiny bit once/week, but I can add it daily to his water if needed, or just a few times/week? Any ideas and recommendations are welcome!

I am excited about trying the supplement myself, my boss said it really boosted her hair, skin, and nails, and I can definitely use that! 🙂

#84130 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I did a search after posting yesterday; started Boone on it and I dont see why you can’t for bruno

#84134 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Yay! I am excited! I got mine today and I’m sipping on some collagen-enriched tea and I put a little sprinkle in Bruno’s water bowl. Let’s see how this goes… I don’t know if I will necessarily see any results on Bruno, but at least he will be getting a little extra boost for his joints.

Hope it works for Boone too! 🙂

#97322 Report Abuse
    Joy K

So, has the Collagen Hydrolysate helped your dogs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.