🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Melissa P

It seems treats and food with ingredients sourced from China have major quality control and safety issues.
    Is there a list of companies that do not use ingredients from China? i know alot of companies produce food in the U.S. but they get ingredients from China. I’m especially curious about the Kirkland brand dog and cat food.

#63392 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Melissa-
    Here is a link that may help: http://www.kirklandsignaturepetsupplies.com/
    Also, have you signed up for the Editor’s Choice list? It includes a list of the most trusted companies. 🙂

#63395 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I know that The Honest Kitchen contains nothing from China.

#63396 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Nature’s Logic is also China-free.

#63403 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Annamaet is China free, as well.

#63419 Report Abuse
    Melissa P

Thanks for the replies (I have a cav too!)

#63422 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Melissa P, I have 4 Cavaliers! Three are therapy dogs. One is still a pup. I have all colors!

#63425 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Yay for Cavaliers! I have one too, Melissa. They’re so sweet.

#63822 Report Abuse
    l h

Better take a look at the vitamins, most are china sourced. Unless a company says they use USA based vitamin mix, most are.. Honest Kitchen one of the very few that does.

#63827 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

The Truth About Pet food has a list of companies that have provided a pledge of ingredient sourcing. The pledge doesn’t mean that there are no ingredients from China, but it means you can look through it and see. Here is a list of the companies that have provided a pledge as of October 2013, as I can’t find it any more recent than that. You have to scroll down to get to the list of companies: http://truthaboutpetfood.com/wysong-says-a-big-no-to-the-pledge/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.