🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    atc5011

A quick rundown of my dog first– Diesel is about a year and half and has only been on puppy food (Chicken Soup for the Soul Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food). He is a German Shepard-Rotty (prob some lab too) mix, but only about 50lbs. He seems to be getting bored of his current food so I was going to switch him to the Adult Chicken Soup, however, I came across some posts that were very negative about Diamond products, so I figured I would get an entirely new brand. On that same thread, the user mentioned Earthborn Holistics (Primitive Natural Grain-Free Natural Dry Dog Food), and after some research it seemed promising.

Is this a good switch? and should I continue with puppy or switch to Adult?

Thanks a ton for the help!
    AC

#63339 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

IMO, Eartthborn is better than Chicken Soup.

#63360 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

I agree with Marie, I like Earthborn better because it is made by a better company IMO.

#63366 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Let me “third” this, my dog loved and did great on Earthborn Primitive Natural, and on the Coastal Catch one. Next up for us to try is the Great Plains Feast, I really like this food’s profile. Just remember to do a gradual switch. Good luck! 🙂

#63368 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

Earthborn is on my list to try. I like that they have formulas free of various common allergens, and a wide variety of protein sources to choose from.

#63372 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Dog_Obsessed, I hope Lily likes it! It is fairly high-cal so you can even feed a bit less. A friend of mine feeds solely the Great Plains Feast and swears by it. (I keep trying to get him to at least rotate between the flavors within the brand, but unless an “all-knowing” store associate or a vet tells him to, he wouldn’t… And that would almost never happen… Oh well, at least his dog eats good food…)

#63929 Report Abuse
    cajungurl

I have all 3 of my dogs(8yr old Yorkie, 8 month old Mastador & 14 week old Mastador) on Earthborn Meadow Feast and Coastal Catch. I have had no problems with Earthborn and my dogs love it.

#64291 Report Abuse
    atc5011

Finally got some time to myself so came back to the forum. I cannot thank you guys enough for your input. I will be ordering some Earthborn today. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.