🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Recent Topics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anna S

Is it okay to give raw chicken liver as a treat for dogs? I’m thinking no more than three times a week. I have three Shetland Sheepdogs and one Chihuahua who are on Blue Buffalo LPF. Also, I know this website is for dogs, but if anyone knows if this is a good treat for cats, too, that’d be helpful.

#83871 Report Abuse
    Gloria K

I’ve been giving my dog chicken livers, hearts and gizzards chopped up as toppings for his regular food which I make. I only do this about twice a week and freeze the rest. Not sure about raw liver but I cook his food.

#87182 Report Abuse
    Jackie B

I’m kind of late here, but stores like Petco and Tractor Supply sell a freeze fried chicken liver treat that my dogs love. If your cat likes the texture it would make a good cat treat too. They also sell freeze dried beef liver and chicken pieces, etc. It is in a plastic tub and is a pretty economical price. I can’t remember the brand name but it shouldn’t be hard to spot.

#92623 Report Abuse
    Chris S
    Participant

O yes! Any organ meat is great for your dog. I don’t give any treats except freeze dried livers. And if I have some hearts, livers, etc. I’ll cut them up & give them to him, all except gizzards, I get those (I really like them).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics