šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ronald
    Participant

I was using Pedigree dry food, have been for years..

Abby started putting to much weight on, so I came her asking..

I ended up changing her to Pro Balance, getting it at Wal Mart..

Now I have run into two others with big dogs and they are using Taste of the wild..

It is available in my area at the Tractor Supply..

Can I get some feed back of this type of feed.. Have you used it and what are the results. Do you like it does the dog like it..

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Ronald.
    #68894 Report Abuse
    puppypiles

TOTW is an OK food. On the one hand, it’s grain free, and they have a few “semi limited ingredient” diets for dogs with mild sensitivities. Its price point makes it a good introductory grain free diet. On the other hand, while it is grain free, it is high in actual carbohydrate content. It is also manufactured by Diamond, a disreputable dog food company with a history of many recalls. TOTW itself was recalled a few years ago.

Here on DFA, they are both rated similarly. I think if your dog is responding well to the Pure Balance (losing weight appropriately), you like its price point, and your vet has no concerns, I would stay with Pure Balance. There is no rule, however, that you could rotate between the foods to give her something different.

#68900 Report Abuse
    Ronald
    Participant

Thanks for the excellent reply..

One thing I never knew was the Diamond manufactured this product..Heard to many bad things about Diamond’s products..

Abby seems to like and enjoy the Pro Balance. I put her on this food about a month ago..But only on the Salmon dry food, the other day I opened a small bag of Bison and Pea food, she will not touch it..

I also tried just dry food morning and night. She got into a sulking mood and never ate for two days..So I had to go back to wet food in the mornings..

Thanks.. I think I’ll stick with Pro Balance for now..

Ron..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.