🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lorraine B

My 15 year old JRT has recently started chattering her teeth. Usually when she needs to go out or before feeding. Has this happened to anyone else’s dog and know this what could be a symptom of? She just had a recent vet visit and all her results were normal. She also has CKD which I try to control with diet.

#39345 Report Abuse

My Greyhound chatters when he’s excited (waiting for dinner, when he sees a rabbit etc). It’s normal for him. 🙂

#39360 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

My JRT only chatters her teeth when she has scared the pee out of herself and then licks herself, probably no help.

#39361 Report Abuse

My Dane chatters when he is nervous/anxious.

#39375 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

Chattering is usually a sign of anxiety or excitement. I’ve found that often older dogs do it more than younger dogs. I have no clue why that is, but my lab is proving it. When she was younger, she never did it. Now she will do it occasionally.

Sometimes it means a male dog smells a “girl” dog….but that’s obviously not the case for you LOL

#147575 Report Abuse
    Cory E

Hi there.

Teeth Chattering is completely normal with dogs at some instances. In the case of your dog, he seems to be manifesting his emotions through chatteriing. It seems that he is expressing his excitement as he waits for his food and before he goes outside. You’ll find other reasons for dog teeth chattering here: https://goldenretrieverlove.com/why-do-dogs-chatter-their-teeth/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.