Can the Dog Food Advisor do a New Review?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Can the Dog Food Advisor do a New Review?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    krisseabolt
    Participant

Hi,

I buy Butcher’s Blend for my dogs from the Dollar General. Can you do a review on it for me? It lists Lamb as the first ingredient. I can’t get much natural food around here except the Pure Balance at Walmart, but they really don’t like it all that much. It is better for me to have the option to buy locally, as I don’t always have the funds available to spend $50 or more at a time to order online. Thanks, so much!

#28172 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

If it’s available at Dollar a General, I’m pretty sure it would be very low in ratings. Look at pet stores, feed stores, groomers, kennels.

#28174 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Want to take a pic of the ingredients or make a list of the first 8 or so? We can at least give you an idea until a review happens. But I agree, if it’s at Dollar General, it can’t be good at all.

#28181 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Is this what you use?

http://butchersblendonline.com/dog-food.html

The only other food that has a similar name would be Butcher’s Select, which I know is at Dollar General. Butcher’s Blend seems to only be available in NY, and it doesn’t look like its at Dollar General.

#65552 Report Abuse
    Kelley P

It’s called Butchers Selects. These are the ingredients:
    Ground yellow corn, meat and bone meal, soybean meal, animal fat (preserved with BHA and citric acid), corn gluten meal, dehydrated gravy, natural flavor, salt, natural beef flavor, potassium chloride, chlorine chloride, dried peas, dried carrots, color added (red #40, yellow #5, blue #2, yellow #6), minerals (zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, mangfnous oxide, sodium selenite, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate), vitamins (Vitamin E supplement, niacin, Vitamin A supplement, biotin, D-calcium pantothenate, Vitamin B12 supplement, thiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), riboflavin supplement, folic acid (Vitamin D3 supplement)

The brand website is http://www.butchersselects.com

#65554 Report Abuse
    Dog_Obsessed

That does not look like a high-quality food at all. Pure Balance is good, but you said they didn’t like it. Possible they would like a different formula better? Also, when ordering online, is is shipping you’re concerned about, or the price of the food itself?

#66512 Report Abuse
    Bruce D
    Participant

I’m trying to find a review on “Home Pet 360 Dog Food with Beef cuts in Gravy”. It smells very good and both my pits love it. But I cant find anything on it. All help is appreciated.

Thank You, Bruce

#66514 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Bruce-
    Check out this link found in the library on the review side of this site: /contact-us/suggest-dog-food-review/

#66575 Report Abuse
    Bruce D
    Participant

Hey crazy4cats, thanks a bunch.

Bruce

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.