Calcium/Phosphorus ratios – Need some help

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Calcium/Phosphorus ratios – Need some help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LuckyLab

Hey guys,

Need some help here.

I’m not confident in my calculations in the Calc/Pho. ratios for Wellness Complete Health Large Breed Puppy and Fromm Gold Lrg. Brd. Puppy I did are correct.

Fromm gives a typical analysis where Wellness just provides a minimum. Can someone answer me simply if both are appropriate ratios/levels for Yellow lab to ensure he has enough for healthy growth but not so much that he’s at risk for hip dysplasia and other bone issues as he grows?

Thanks!

#102505 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Brian-

Are you using the calcium calculator on this site? If not I would recommend that over trying to calculate it yourself. Also since Wellness only lists minimums you will need to email them and ask for the typical analysis of the food in question.

#102531 Report Abuse
    LuckyLab

I’ve emailed Wellness. No word back yet. I may go with Fromm. They are consistently recommended and the price point is favorable. Had someone suggest Precise Holistic today but just never heard of it.

#102537 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Precise is excellent. My boyfriends brother raised his Dane on it. Perfect orthopedic structure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.