šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marta W

SO i was looking into maybe getting my dog bravo raw food blend variety,
    its “Chicken, chicken bone, chicken heart, chicken gizzard, chicken liver, green beans, squash, broccoli”, for chicken type.

So my question is why do they say its only intermittent or supplemental??
    Dont some of you just feed meat, organ meat and bones without adding any supplements?
    Do i really have to add other stuff to it?

#70973 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

if I remember correctly, they say, or used to say, that you had to add supplements, salmon oil is one. If I were you, I’d call the company & ask.

I buy my own grinds & I add salmon oil 3 times a week and eggs three times a week. The only other supplements are for fleas/ticks, joints…

#71086 Report Abuse
    C4D

I use Bravo on a fairly regular basis. I use the balance most often as it is complete and balanced. When I use the blends, I generally add some type of dehydrated premix (Sojo’s, Grandma Lucy’s, The Honest Kitchen, etc., not a lot) to it to get the vitamin balance.

#71152 Report Abuse
    E L

Bravo sells different combinations. As C4D said above, the Bravo “Balance” on the label is a “complete and balanced” variety as recommended by the AAFCO. The blends are combination of ingredients for those who prefer to mix their own particulars. That is why that version says “supplemental.” They also have a veggie mix in the chub that some will mix with the meat blend. All their packaging looks similar so be sure to look for the AAFCO on the label if you’re looking for a complete diet.
    As for your other question, No, we raw feeders do not always go only raw meat. Think of it this way, if you ate only hamburger everyday and nothing else, you would eventually have a deficiency in something. It is on those products that Bravo has the disclaimer “supplemental.” As with other species, human included, dogs do need vitamins and minerals. This is usually drawn from the fruits and vegetables you will see on the label. Or we add them as C4D had mentioned above. What we usually avoid are “grains.” In the very least, minimize them. I myself rotate the top raw (frozen) brands, supplement with a digestive enzyme, pro-biotic, and fish oils. Sometimes I make my own “stews” and throw them into the food processor (although I do not recommend that to the novice, my ingredients are carefully selected). If I have to supplement with a kibble, it would be Orijen. It all depends on how in depth you want to go.
    I realize how nuts this may come off. A few years ago I would have thought the same. Then I read some horrific things about the pet food industry and went on a quest.
    Good Luck.

#71153 Report Abuse
    Marta W

SO what would you say would be the supplements i would need to add?
    i have sardines/anchovy oil which i can add, what else is necessary?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.