Bravecto side effects?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Bravecto side effects?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Connie H

I had three Standard Poodles, two 5-year-old females and a 15-year-old male, who kept up and played with the two five year olds. I gave each of them a dose of Bravecto on Wedneday 6-1-2016. The older dog got lethargic after his dose, and this morning (Saturdày, June 4) he was not feeling well and had blood dripping out of his penis. I rushed him to the vet and they did a CBC blood test on him that showed he had no platelets in his blood and his blood would not clot — so he was basically bleeding out. I did not want him to suffer, so i had them put him to sleep. I know it was the right thing to do, but it is still so hard (my dogs are like kids to me and they have better lives than most people). Has anyone had any adverse reactions to Bravecto? I am not sure if Bravecto was the issue with my dog but it was the only thing that was different and he was a very healthy dog with no health issues before I gave him the Bravecto. I am very interested to hear if anyone else has had any significant issues. I will never give Bravecto to any of my dogs àgàin.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Connie H. Reason: Misspellings
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Connie H. Reason: Typos
    #86960 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Hi Connie-

Your post kind of hit me hard. When I was in Second Grade I had the human version of what your Poodle had. It is called Thrombocytopenic Purpura in humans (and in dogs as well I believe). Mine was idiopathic as we never found out the cause. I am so sorry that your dog’s outcome was not better…

I have used Bravecto for my pitbull in the past who is quite sensitive to a lot of things and had no adverse reactions to it. Does the vet feel the Bravecto played a role in his TP?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.