šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    linda b

I live in Nova Scotia and one of the grocery stores I shop at is Sobeys. I was looking for some health dry dog food that wasn’t as expensive as some are. I quickly looked at a brand called Harringtons and on the bag it said Natural Wholesome Nutrition on it and it showed a British Flag on it. I looked it up on the net and I didn’t see a bad review on it, at least where I looked. can anyone tell me if that brand of dog food is alright. also, can a brand of dog food , that is good , be left off the advisor’s list? just wondering.

linda_blackburn@hotmail.com

#70428 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

can you post a link to the food?

#70453 Report Abuse
    linda b

hello: I don’t quite understand, what do you mean can I post a link to the food? I’m not use to going on forums and chatting,so, maybe, I am in the wrong form, is that what you mean? sorry! linda_blackburn@hotmail.com

#70454 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

She means can you copy and paste the web address for their website?

And yes, a brand that is good, but not readily available in the US, may not make it on DFA. Also, Dr. Mike has a backlog of foods he is adding as he can. If you would like to see a review for a particular food, there is a “contact us” spot to click on on the bottom of the page.

#70455 Report Abuse
    linda b

hello again: here is the site for Harrington’s pet food. I just typed in the name after I seen it and asked if it was good for my dog and it took me to another site ,but, I’m sending this one now, which is the real site for that brand of pet food. Linda B

http://www.harringtonspetfood.com/content/CA

linda_blackburn@hotmail.com

#70456 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

That food is going to rate pretty low. 1 star? Maybe up to 2? It’s not good. Would avoid

#70457 Report Abuse
    linda b

just wondering why it rates so low? can you explain please? linda b

#70458 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Poor Ingredient List: Ground Corn to start, Meat and Bone Meal, Ambiguous rice all right up top. Very, very low protein (22%-too low for any dog in my opinion)

#70463 Report Abuse
    linda b

thanks again for the info. I appreciate it! linda blair

#70586 Report Abuse
    Ronald
    Participant

Linda you may want to go to PetSmart and check out this brand Wilderness..or a dog food store like the Co-Op Feed Store..

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/food/blue-wilderness-grain-free-adult-dog-food-zid36-3290/cat-36-catid-100004?var_id=36-3290&_t=pfm%3Dcategory%26pfmvalue%3Dfaceted

#70587 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

If you’re shopping at PetSmart, opt for Nature’s Variety, Wellness, Nulo, even Simply Nourish over anything made by Blue. Shady company

#70596 Report Abuse

If you can make it to SuperStore some of the PC Nutrition First dog foods are rated 4 or 5 stars on this site (grain free salmon and potato is 5 star?) and it is fairly affordable.

Otherwise Merrick Classic should be available at most pet stores for a premium but somewhat reasonable price. Not sure what else might be available from Sobeys. I think freshpet has some highly rated options but I think it is expensive and only come in small pouches.

#70613 Report Abuse
    linda b

thanks for the info guys! appreciate it! linda blair

#71366 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Amy G: you said you started a small pet store then you mention LA. I know one has to order it; are you carrying it in your store?

#71371 Report Abuse
    Amy G

Hello,
    I am currently located in a very small store in Huntsville, Alabama and only have my sample bags right now – when I move into my larger space – hopefully June 2 I will carry a few bags of each type, but the company told me not to carry more than I can sell within a month – they prefer customers order from them so if any problems arise then they can quickly contact everyone who has ordered food. But to answer your question – not yet but I will when I move into a larger space.
    Amy

#71374 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Ah. I didn’t know LA could be sold in stores.

#71390 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Amy G, do you have an actual brick and mortar store, or is yours a virtual storefront?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.