šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eve D

I currently feed my 5 month old puppy Blackhawk Puppy as recommended by the breeder. Having researched this site I am thinking about switching to Orijen Puppy. Blackhawk hasn’t been reviewed here so would you be able to give me an idea of the quality of it compared to Orijen. The first three ingredients are Lamb meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats, and the full ingredients list is here http://www.blackhawkpetcare.com.au/dog-food/original-lamb-rice-holistic-puppy-formula

I occasionally supplement the Blackhawk kibble with a small amount of Ziwipeak tinned meat for dogs (about an 8th of the can) and even this small addition has our puppy zooming about for a good few hours with excess energy and lots of mouthing – too much protein?

Thanks for your help

#64406 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

The Blackhawk puppy is comparable to a 5-star kibble. ZiwiPeak has a high fat content and dogs use this for energy. The Blackhawk has above-average fat as well. I would recommend finding a couple to several foods he likes and does well on so you can feed a rotational diet.

#67217 Report Abuse
    Eve D

Thanks pugmomsandy Following yr advice I have now switched to Orijen and no more Ziwipeak tinned meat. What a transformation! He’s one happy pup.

#67218 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

You’re welcome! Hope you can find a couple foods to rotate with.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.