šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Oceans11
    Participant

Does anyone have experience with either of the supplements? I have two Coton de Tulears. One is a picky eater and the other eats most food. We have been feeding them chicken or ground beef as the picky eater won’t eat most highly recommended canned food. I know this all protein diet is not good. We ended up cooking it for them in order to get them to eat. Now they don’t like that. I purchased Balance It which is a supplement to add to their menus which you prepare. They absolutely don’t like it. Their stools are blackish and runny. I have no idea what is causing this and running out of ideas of what to feed them. I feel like I am at my wits end and would really appreciate your thoughts on the supplements and on the stools.

#85318 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Oceans11: (love the screen name)
    Which Balance IT product are you feeding? I feed the Carnivore blend a few times a week. I have been feeding it for a little over eight months. My dog has done well on it and enjoys the recipes I make for him.

#85319 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

Appreciate your reply. We have been using the Canine Plus. I am returning it and believe we will give the Carnivore a try.

#85321 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I would suggest you contact Balance IT to see if they might have some recommendations for you. I have never contacted them by telephone just e-mail; they have always responded quickly.

I really like the Carnivore Blend and decided to try it for a few reasons. I was afraid my dog might not take to a supplement if I needed to use a large quantity. So I played around with the recipes before I ordered. I plugged what he liked into the recipe generator to find recipes that required the least amount of supplement. The recipes I came up with are very simple and are mostly animal protein. I also intended to use it for my cats; they are the most finicky eaters ever. Their recipes don’t require much of it either.

Prior to buying Carnivore Blend I used another mix for a month. My dog liked it, but I did not feel it was as precise as the Balance IT supplements. It required the same amount of mix no matter the protein. The weight range for the amount of supplement used was 20 lbs. so a dog weighing 20 lbs. more than Bobby would get the same amount. I felt if I was taking the time to make his food it should be tailored to my dog. He did like the mix so I created a Balance IT recipe that is similar. He seems to enjoy eating this recipe most. Good luck, I hope my info helped.

#85336 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

Bobby Dog, does your dog seem to mind the Carnivore supplement?

#85340 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I am starting with Dr Dobias’ Green Min and also his Soul Food tomorrow.

#85341 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

Do let me know how that works for you!
    Thanks ; )

#85344 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Oceans11:
    He does not mind it at all. With the excitement he shows when he eats his Carnivore Blend meals I can honestly write he eats these dinners with much more enthusiasm than the commercial raw, kibble, or canned that are also part of his diet. He goes back to his dish several times to lick it clean after he finishes. I wish I had the time to cook every meal for all my critters, but the best I can do at this time is a few meals a week.

Carnivore Blend is a very fine powder with not much of an odor. I tasted it when I got it, doesn’t really taste like much, and it wasn’t gritty on it’s own. It mixes very, very well with the food. You do not smell or see any trace of it.

#87995 Report Abuse
    Marie P

HI there.. I do home cooking and all my dogs get the NuVET supplement powder or wafer to balance out home cooking.. it’s a liver flavor and amazing..
    WE have been on the NuVET Plus for 9 years
    http://www.nuvet.com/81098

it’s great for pets on commercial dog food too.. NO dog food will maintain all it’s nutrients because of the HEATING and cooking process. So that is why good quality supplement like NuVET Plus are needed..

#88007 Report Abuse
    Oceans11
    Participant

Thank you, Marie P., for your recommendation on NuVet. After going online and reading an impartial review, I decided against using NuVet. Here is a link to the review https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/nuvet-pet-supplement-snake-oil/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.