🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kayla

I am currently using Pure Balance treats. But, I am looking at another treats but when it comes to ingredients on what is a no no and what is safe… I have no idea!
    Can someone give me an insight on this?

I found Dream bone treats and here are the ingredients.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Kayla.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Kayla.
    #59652 Report Abuse
    Kayla

\

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Kayla.
    #59654 Report Abuse
    Kayla

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#59668 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Kayla:
    Some of the ingredients that would make me pass on this treat would be sorbitol, carrageenan, and artificial flavor.

The best thing to do is make your own treats. There are simple recipes that don’t take much time or too many ingredients. You can make biscuits, meatballs, or even jerky, and dried fruit/veggies in your oven. You can find treat recipes on the DFA forums or the Internet.

The next best thing to do is look for treats that only have a few ingredients that you easily recognize and don’t have to Google. Freeze dried treats or dried fruit/veggies would be examples of treats with minimal ingredients.

If I have to Google any or most of the ingredients of a treat chances are they are not what I want to feed my pets. I stay away from treats with added sugars, artificial flavors or colors, thickening agents, artificial preservatives, added starches, and probably some other things I can’t think of right now. Read those labels and know what you are feeding! 😉

#59669 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Kayla, I use Riley’s dog treats. They are organic and human grade. They have a store locator on their site. http://rileysorganics.com/ I buy them at Walmart. They come in small and large size biscuits. They are reasonably priced. 😀

#59671 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I judge my dogs treats as much as I their food. Treats I like are anything from The Honest Kitchen and Sojo’s and grainfree ones from Buddy Biscuits. I don’t feed much for treats so others are probably more helpful than me. Definitely not Milk Bones!

#59672 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I like to buy Wet Noses dog treats when they have them at Costco. Right now they have pumpkin treats.

#59673 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Kayla, I forgot to mention that Riley’s biscuit ingredients are all USA sourced and made in USA as well as being Organic and Human Grade. My 3 love the Peanut Butter, and the Sweet Potato biscuits. 🙂

#59951 Report Abuse
    Kayla

Thank you 🙂

When I go food shopping again, I will look for some of those treats. In the mean time… I still have Pure Balance treats to give him.

#61001 Report Abuse
    Carol W

Hi. I’m new here, so I hope I haven’t jumped in in the wrong place, but I also have a question about healthy dog treats. I’ve fed beef Rollover as a treat for years, but every once in a while I notice a chemical smell coming from it, almost like gasoline. Obviously, this can’t be a good thing!!! Does anyone have experience with Rollover? It has a 3 star rating in the reviews section of this website, but as I said – the “gasoline” odor has to be a very bad sign!!

#61003 Report Abuse
    Dori

I wouldn’t feed treats or anything with those ingredients.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Dori.
    #61014 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Uh yeah, no!!! Don’t feed anything that smells like chemicals. That usually means they used really bad, rotting bad, ingredients and had to add harsh chemicals to kill the pathogenic bacteria.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.