šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michelle K

We have an 11 yr old male beagle. We’ve been feeding him Purina Beneful for at least 6 1/2 yrs but a friend recently told me about a lawsuit against Purina for stomach and related internal bleeding, liver malfunction, vomiting, etc caused by Beneful. We have noticed that he gets an upset stomach fairly often and are now wondering if it’s because of his food. We’d like to find a better, healthier food for him. He’s a couch potato, not very active. If anyone has any suggestions, we’d greatly appreciate it!

#76466 Report Abuse
    Mark C

My dogs had issues with another food and I switched to acana. It’s been good but a bit costly, especially for three dogs. Now I am looking at Farmina’s low grain. I think it will be an alternative that’s affordable. The Acana for my guys worked really well and their waste has become more normal too. Hope it helps.

#76469 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Michelle,
    While I have not tried it, I have read that Nutri Source is good for sensitive stomachs. I suggest you do a very gradual transition; he’s beem eating a low quality food for a very long time. I’d swap a few kibbles of new for old…if he tolerates that with no problems, continue.

Good luck!

#76511 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Start giving him a multi strain probiotic daily. And you might start looking through the 3 star to 4 star food lists. I wouldn’t try a 5 star food right away.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.