šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tal R

Hi!

I would love to hear opinions about Acana Ranchlands (an “Acana Regionals” sub-type).

/dog-food-reviews/acana-dog-food-grain-free

The review is for Acana Grasslands but they got overall 5 star review for the brand and for the “Acana Regionals”, and “Enthusiastically recommended”…

My dog is a large (25 kg.) female elderly (14.5 y/o) mixed breed (probably mostly German Shepard) – more details here: /forums/topic/the-difference-between-senior-and-regular-dog-food/

I’m not sure if there’s potatoes in the ingredients though… in their website they mention “Burbank potatoes” as one of the ingredients but it doesn’t appear in the ingredients list (see below)… I am inquiring their customer support about that…

http://www.acana.com/products/regionals/ranchlands

OVERVIEW
    ————
    FRESH, LOCAL FRUITS & VEGETABLES
    ACANA Ranchlands is loaded with a full 40% of fruits & vegetables including Red Delicious apples and Bartlett pears from the sun-drenched Okanagan valley, and butternut squash, Burbank potatoes and spinach greens from the black soils of local prairie farms ā€“ all bursting with goodness to support peak health and immunity.

INGREDIENTS
    —————-
    Deboned beef, beef meal, green peas, deboned lamb, lamb meal, whiteļ¬sh meal*, herring oil, ļ¬eld beans, red lentils, salmon meal, deboned bison, beef liver, lamb liver, sun-cured alfalfa, pea ļ¬bre, whole apples, whole pears, yams, whole pumpkin, butternut squash, parsnips, carrots, spinach greens, cranberries, blueberries, kelp, chicory root, juniper berries, angelica root, marigold ļ¬‚owers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, lavender, rosemary.

Regards,
    T.R.

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Tal R.
    • This topic was modified 9 years ago by Tal R.
    #70906 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

LOL, says Burbank potatoes on the bag but none in the ingredients? Let us know what they say.

#70952 Report Abuse
    Tal R

Yep

I’ll let you know as soon as they respond…

#70955 Report Abuse

I would trust the ingredient list. Maybe they revised their recipe but forgot to update that paragraph. Maybe they switched them to the Yams?

#71203 Report Abuse
    Tal R

Seems you are correct Michael.

No potatoes, website outdated.

The full response:
    ——————–

Hello T.R.,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

We made some changes to our Regional’s diets in winter of last year. Weā€™re always searching for ways to advance our BAFRINO mandate, improving our foods for pet lovers world-wide. Biologically Appropriate ACANA features high meat content in fresh WholePrey ratios which provide micro-nutrients naturally. This has enabled us to reduce the added vitamins and mineral supplements in the ACANA Regionals.

ACANA contains far fewer carbohydrates than conventional food, delivering a low-glycemic response to promote stable blood sugar, healthy body weight and peak conditioning. Now even lower in glycemic load, ACANA Regionals is potato-free.

We are in the process of updating our website, you should see changes shortly. If you have any other questions please let me know.

All the best,
    Angela
    Customer Care
    Champion Petfoods LP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.