šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jeffrey

Does anyone have any experience with Annamaet Ultra 32 Dry Dog Food or Annamaet Grain-Free Salcha Poulet?

My dog is a 40 pound 5yr old mix and generally active. She walks 3 miles a day and plays fetch 2-3 times a day. Hence the desire for a high protein diet.

She has been dealing with a mix of normal to semi-formed to liquid stools. After a few expensive visits to the Vetrinatian it seems to now come down to diet and a bit of IBD.

We have been feeding her By Nature Organics and also tried Natural Planet Organics (Dry). Both have tomato pomace so I am thinking contributory.

Does anyone have an experience with either of these foods with a dog that has tummy troubles?

Thanks
    First time poster,
    Jeffrey

#50331 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’ve fed both of those but my dogs don’t have tummy problems. I’ve heard that NutriSource has helped dogs with tummy troubles. Have you tried digestive enzymes or probiotics?

#50332 Report Abuse
    Jeffrey

Marie,

Thanks for responding. For better or for worse I am trying to stick with a holistic type food (non-gmo, protein not fed antibiotics) so I’m not sure if Nutrisource is really something I want to consider.

The dog does get probiotics, thanks. I know it is an often overlooked but beneficial dietary supplement!

I welcome continued feedback from other members,
    Jeffrey

#50336 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Jeffrey D-
    I’m not sure how you feel about supplements. My dogs have sensitive tummies with intermittent loose stools. I use “Firm Up” when I add canned food to their kibble. It is dehydrated pumpkin and pectin. In my opinion, it is more convenient than adding canned pumpkin and applesauce (pectin) to their food.
    I also learned about helpful supplements on http://www.dogaware.com. I have and currently rotate, Gastriplex by Thorne, Vetri-Pro BD by Vetri Science, and Perfect Form by The Honest Kitchen with great success. They all contain enzymes, probiotics and supplements such as slippery elm that help control loose stools.
    My dogs have not been diagnosed with anything. But, I suspect leaky gut or IBS due to previous intestinal parasites and over use of antibiotics.
    I feed Victor grain free kibble with various toppers. Such as canned, frozen raw nuggets, eggs, sardines and dehydrated.
    Good luck to you!

#50338 Report Abuse
    Melissa L

Hi Jeffrey,

I have been feeding my dog the Annamaet Grain Free Salcha Formula for about 4 months now. I rescued him at 5 months and he was very malnourished and had a lot of poop issues. I spent months changing foods, going to a chicken and rice diet, etc. I tried adding pumpkin, a lamb based food since lamb is supposed to be very digestable, nothing worked. I thought maybe the foods I was trying was too rich for him and searched for a single protein food to simplify his diet since he had never had a good diet prior to being rescued. Finding a single protein food was not easy! Most foods have a little chicken or fish in them. I ended up finding the Castor and Pollux Puppy formula. The only meat was chicken and after the first week we had firm poop consistently for the first time since I got him. The Castor and Pollux worked great for him but once he hit 10 months old and he could come off puppy food, I wanted to get him on a grain free, holistic, GMO free food and slowly transitioned over to the Annamaet Salcha formula. The transition was without problems, he never had any soft or runny poop issues. He is a very high energy Lab mix who runs and plays fetch for 2 to 4 hours a day, and gets a walk or 2, weather permitting. He has thrived on this food as he is very lean and fit with a beautiful shiny coat. Not only that but he gets so excited for meal time because he loves this food! I also make him homemade frosty paws using organic plain yogurt, organic natural peanut butter and banana which I blend and freeze in 4 ounce cups. He gets 1 or 2 of these a week for the beneficial probiotics. Since we have been in this routine my boy is happy, healthy and has perfect poop! I think the Annamaet is definitely worth a shot!

Good Luck!!

Melissa

#50383 Report Abuse
    susan h

I have a 14.5 year old small mixed girl, who has been having some difficulties with appetite and vomiting up food. Switched her from kibble to canned food, which helped, but many canned foods didn’t seem to settle with her. Dave’s delicate dinners — chicken and rice — seems to be the best so far. I haven’t tried Annamaet, but may. As she’s gotten older, keeping weight on her is a challenge, as well as dealing with skin problems. I do add probiotics to her food regularly.
    Guess this is why there are so many different dog foods!!!

#50392 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Jeffery, have you looked at the Wellness Range, its GMO free, dairy free, soy free, no Gluten no wheat & easy to digest,… Wellness has their Core Grainfree, Complete health & their Simple range for sensitive skin & tummy problems…. My boy was diagnosed with IBD & Pancreatitis 1 year ago & put on a vet prescription diet, he got all better then I started looking for a better quailty food….
    after trying a few different brand kibbles, I found he couldnt have high protein or high fat diets, he’d have his very sloppy poos/diarrhea
    the Wellness Simple limited ingredients Duck & Oatmeal has been the best kibble besides his Vet prescription diet, I think the Wellness Simple is better then the Vet prescription diet as his poos are firmer on the Simple, good-luck & just hope its not IBD & just IBS or something else, as its an awful disease for dogs to have…here’s a link, the Wellness http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/recipes.aspx?pet=dog&ft=1#complete

#50394 Report Abuse
    Jeffrey

Thanks everyone,

After Melissa’s glowing feedback, I have ordered the Annamaet Grain-Free Salcha Poulet Formula. I’ll post back here in a month with an update.

Jeffrey

#50407 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Sounds good. Good luck!

#50408 Report Abuse
    Melissa L

Jeffrey,

I can’t wait to hear how it goes!

Melissa

#50409 Report Abuse
    Jeffrey

Again thanks to all of you for taking the time to respond.

What a great online community.

Jeffrey

#62161 Report Abuse
    Jeffrey

Hi All,

I wanted to post a happy update. We’ve been using Annamaet Grain-Free Salcha Poulet Formula for 4 months now and have had excellent results. I really had no idea how poorly our pup was feeling until we changed foods.

She went from not wanting or walk or play to being happy again. We are back to walking 1.5 miles a day and she is anxious to play several times a day. Not just that, the play sessions have extended since she’s been on this food. When she was unwell, we’d toss the ball 3 times and she was done. Now she is like a machine and goes on and on, with a nice bounce in her step.

One word of advice, don’t supplement the dogs diet with human treats. It will defeat all of your efforts. I found this out the hard way. I thought she was all better so I started giving her various table scraps and we had a large setback. Lesson learned.

Thanks again for the helpful advice and recommendations.

Jeffrey

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Jeffrey.
    #62165 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Glad to read your dog is doing so well on Annamaet!

#62166 Report Abuse
    Jeffrey

Thank you InkedMarie!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.