šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn d

I just became a member and am already disappointed. I went to the site that recommends how much food your dog should eat daily by weight and activity. They said 1 cup of dog food per day that would be 2 – 1/2 cups if fed twice a day. My Vet told me my dog should eat 2 1/2 cups of food daily.
    1 cup per day, come on my dog would be starving

#47708 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Carolyn-
    Are you talking about the dog food calculator on this website? I’m confused by your comment. Help me out, please.

#47710 Report Abuse

Same here. You put in the weight your dog should be and calls per cup. You enter its activity level..I use average for the majority of my dogs and highly active for starting points and ranges and adjust accordingly. How much to feed per day depends on the pet as well as the calorie per cup content.

#47777 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

It sounds like you didn’t plug in the calorie info for the food you are using. If you don’t plug in that info, it tells you that you need to feed 1 cup of food that has a calorie count of whatever number of calories your dog needs. My dogs need 1 cup of some food that has 1300 calories per cup. It doesn’t exist.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.