Abady Granular

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition Abady Granular

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scared D

So for years at my local store I have seen the special order boxes of Abady with customer names on post-its waiting to be picked up. I bought a 5lb box because nothing else was working and wouldn’t you know it, hearty eating, no more gas and solid little stools. My guy has been telling me to try it but I kept resisting because of the ingredient list. I am happy though that’s for sure.

#86190 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I used one of them for a toothless dog I adopted; interesting food.

#86244 Report Abuse
    Scared D

In my area it is the choice of the store managers.

#86270 Report Abuse
    Dog Pack Mom

Will there ever be a review of Abady products?

#86271 Report Abuse
    Scared D

They would have to be 5 Stars. They have no plant protein, no plant ingredients except white rice, no red flag items and all are high protein, high fat foods. They even put the animal protein % on the label. Plus, they have been on the market for over 40 years.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Scared D.
    #86273 Report Abuse
    Dog Pack Mom

It seems like I read a long time ago that there is a reason Abady foods haven’t been reviewed here. I could be incorrect about that though.

#86274 Report Abuse
    Scared D

Not sure Dog Pack Mom but this website often reviews foods sold by marketing companies, made at co-packers that just come on the market with no track record and no obvious expertise that are just peas and pea protein.

#86285 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Abady did not want their food reviewed and would not give Dr. Mike the info he requested to do a review.

#86288 Report Abuse
    Scared D

How can that be BC Nut? The rating are taken from public sources???

I will rate then, “5 Stars and Enthusiastically Recommended”. Abady for Maintenance & Stress gets 94% of its GA protein from animal sources and is low in carbohydrates at 20%. One source of carbohydrates and one source of plant ingredient, simple white rice. Several ingredients organic and human grade. This food is a granular product and not subject to high temperature extrusion and high temperature drying. The granular nature makes it much more digestible than kibbled foods. It has no expandable fiber forcing the dog or cat to drink incessantly after eating. It comes in a plain brown box without silly pictures and claims and the foods are void of misleading names.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.