šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Travis A

I just recently got Zach’s Quality Dog Food the Chicken and Rice Puppy formula for my 2, 5-6 month old pit/boxer/lab mixed boys and was wondering if anyone has tried and had results off of it, it’s a high rated food on here and is only $33 for the 50lb bag so that’s impossible to beat which is why i was skeptical about it but so far they like it but it’s too early to tell if they are maintaining good health and looks from it. Anyone have experience with it?

#45211 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Travis-
    Sounds like you got a great deal! I’ve never used the food, but wondering if you checked out the Zach’s thread on the review side of this site. There are other comments and others would probably like to see your review there as well. Congratulations, I hope it works out. Also, you might think about finding another food to rotate it with to keep their tummies healthy after you have transitioned them to this food. Are your boys litter mates?

#45212 Report Abuse
    Travis A

Thank you for your response here, I have seen the review and comments on there but seems to be riddled with the “troll” comments, so not sure how helpful it would be but i’ll see. And I have had them on Castor and Pollux, Wellness CORE grain free, then had to switch to cheaper temp food as i ordered the Zach’s so was waiting on that but I’ll go through the bag and then switch to something else afterward to help their tummies as you mentioned. Yes they are brothers, I’ll have to share pics at some point they are precious and a handful at times too ha, thanks again for the response.

#45213 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, please share some pics. I’m not sure how to add pictures on the forum, but fairly easy on the review site. I think some use photo bucket on the forum. I have brothers that are litter mates also. They are 3/4 lab and 1/4 golden retriever. Talk about a handful! Won’t do that again. But, they are almost three and things have settled down. They are like human brothers. Very jealous of each other, but can hardly stand to be apart! Sounds like you are doing great. Thanks for sharing.

#45215 Report Abuse
    Travis A

I will see about getting some on here, I can understand on the litter mates and raising 2 puppies is def more challenging, but mine are the same way they play and rough around a bit, not too much but we have 2 other dogs as well a 8-9 month old pit and young adult shep mix but has cerebellar hypoplasia so he is special needs and they all play with each other but i will def heed to the advice of seperating them as they get older i could see a toy or bone causing an issue at some point. Thanks for sharing yours as well, i would like to stick with a grain free for their next food, any suggestions that won’t break the bank? i do also mix up some soft wellness or blue buffalo food in their diet usually once a day and i’ll give them some eggs here and there along with some organic coconut oil as a topper, so i’ll for sure stick to a rotation of some kind.

#45219 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I feed mine mostly Victor grain free kibble so far. It is fairly budget friendly depending on whether you have to order it or if you can find it locally. I’m trying to find another kibble to rotate with also. They have had some digestive issues, but are doing much better. I also add canned, eggs, sardines, frozen raw or dehydrated to their kibble every meal.

Yes, separating them as much as possible is a good idea to avoid separation anxiety in the future. One of mine has a lot more trouble being separated from his brother than the other. I actually think he’s glad to “get away” sometimes. LOL!

#45220 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh BTW, Travis, Nature’s Domain Turkey Stew (Costco), Pure Balance (Walmart) and 4Health (Tractor Supply) are all very budget friendly 5 star canned foods.

#45224 Report Abuse
    Travis A

I will keep those in mind thank you very much for the tips, yea mine get a little jealous over attention but nothing too bad i actually think they like time apart so they can steal all the human attention ha. I will have to increase the variety to their diet with the extra canned foods as you mentioned. They seem to enjoy Zach’s so far and if you located in the south it’s fairly easy to have shipped to you from their direct site. The review here gives it 4.5 overall so for the price i was honestly skeptical if it was a scam or something but so far so good i would recommend it, not the top tier of foods per thee ingredients but far from a sub par food so i’m happy with it for now. Thanks again for all the advice.

#45227 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Thank you also for the heads up on Zach’s. I’ll definitely check it out.

#45230 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Just curious, is the shipping free?

Let us know how your guys do on it! Seems like a great deal! I’m a sucker for good deals lol

#45231 Report Abuse
    Travis A

Yea the shipping was free i believe, upon check out they didn’t charge for it and they used Fed-Ex, although i had to email the owner Daniel Willis about getting a tracking number to see where my shipment was at, their website could use a few improvements in that regard but other than that i don’t think they charged for shipping as i didn’t ever see a charge on my statement so i assume they didn’t, I’m in Oklahoma and they are out of Breckenridge, TX so it wasn’t too far so not sure if there would be at a further location. But it really is a good deal they have 3 types to choose from at the moment and their Black Label Performance is the highest but still at $37.50 for 50lb bags, that’s all they sell are the big bags though. But i’d look into it if your looking to save money and still have quality food, might be a good rotation food to cut costs down in the long run.

#45232 Report Abuse
    Travis A

Also they should be carried at a lot of Costco’s, we don’t have any in Oklahoma so it wasn’t an option for me but if they are in your area you won’t have to worry about shipping costs.

#45284 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I checked out their web site. I saw they were at a few Costco’s. I was surprised as I work for them! I’m in the NW, I’d like to see them come our way. Especially to replace the Atta
    Boy or Pedigree we currently sell. I’m picking up a 50 lb bag of Victor tomorrow and have a bag of Rotations coming from Petco next week. So I’m good on kibble for now. We go thru it pretty quick though!
    Akari-
    I shoulda known you would be checking out this good deal. Lol!

#45295 Report Abuse
    Travis A

Well good deal hopefully if you try it out it won’t be too difficult to obtain. Yea same here i’m already about half way through my bag, although i was feeding some to our other pup too but i’m not the owner of the other 2 dogs living with me so i can’t really control what they want to feed him. It’s hard because i give the owners all the details and research i find on dog food and they simply don’t care enough, they love their dogs but just too lazy to actually find a good food for them. I’m working on persuading them though, mixing in some of my better food from time to time ha. But yea Zach’s is actually rated 4.5 on here, the only problem is it’s the ONLY review i could find that’s recent on the brand so I really will have to just let yall know how it turns out, so far they love the taste and no issues yet. I’ll keep yall posted though. Thanks for all the feedback as well.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.