šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dawn S

Newbie here. Looking for how to make dog food and/or raw diet and how much to feed, ration etc. I love my boys and want the best for them. Especially being prone to hip dysplasia. Thanks for the help.

#42889 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi there-
    Wow! Two St. Bernard pups at the same time. yikes! We took on two golden lab pups at the same time. It was crazy and still is at times and they are almost three! I do not feed home made food and only a little raw with kibble a few times a week, but I wanted to bump up your post in hopes someone else will respond. I do know there is a thread on large breed pups on this site that will be helpful. You are right there are special requirements to help avoid hip dysplasia. Keeping your pups lean and not over exercising are two important factors. Also their calcium levels need to be limited. That information is on the large breed thread. Hound Dog Mom is the expert in that area. Hopefully she will “pop” in with some guidance. Have fun! I think St. Bernard’s are adorable.

#42921 Report Abuse
    Dawn S

crazy4cats:

Thank you for the information about the large breed thread. I will have to look for it. I just don’t know which way to go. So much info and so little time.

#42922 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

It is under diet and health issues. The first few pages have a lot of good links to check out. There is also a google docs spread sheet that has recommended kibble for large breed pups. It has both with and without grains sections. Good luck! Who knew it would be so difficult to feed out furry friends!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.